ALERT: THC Producer Contest

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A producer contest will be arranged in TranceHouseChill, a community on the website plug.dj. Only free synths are allowed, a limited selection of samples and the submissions must fit the room theme (Trance, House and Chill music allowed, check the contest website for the full list). It will start the 20th of August and there will be one month deadline. Prizes from various companies including U-he, D16, FXpansion and Loopmasters. For more info, check out the contest website: http://contest.thcsound.com .

Just read the rules:
- You need to have a plug.dj account to participate (if you don’t already have one, you must create one).

- Contestants can’t have more than 1500 Soundcloud followers and/or Facebook likes.

- The track must fit THC (see http://thcsound.com/rules) in terms of length, genre etc.

- All submissions must be submitted to the individual contest’s soundcloud group before the contest’s deadline.

- All submissions have to be made specifically for the contest (project start can not be before starting date).

- Max. number of people collaborating on a submission is 2.

- Prizes and any limitations regarding allowed plugins and sample packs will be announced when the contest starts, as they may differ from contest to contest.

- The winners will be determined by the following judge panel: Wilson (BA), emerald (Host), HarlowKitteh (co-host), Cozy (manager) and officialMaHi (Resident DJ/Producer) in addition to Kuzami (bouncer/contest host) if he is not participating himself.
Showstoppers for me:
- need SoundCloud account
- need to sign up at a specific community
- mentioning Facebook likes
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

The first two are understandable, but the third one is just to only allow unknown artists. Just to clarify.

bump

I don't believe you'll find anyone who uses
Only free synths
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

kuzami wrote:Only free synths are allowed.............

DJ Warmonger wrote:I don't believe you'll find anyone who uses
Only free synths
I'm pretty sure there is a lot of people who can make a song using only free plugins ;).

Return to “Production Techniques”