What is the secret?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys. I'm studing this world from 3 years ago, and I changed some genres. The last one is the best for me but my technique is improves but my approaching isn't the top. My question is this: like the acustic (jazz, classsical....) is there better approach for the electronic? So when I identified the best song of mine genre, what can I do if I don't want to lose the way for take the sound the style and so on. Thank you guys

There is now a secret to personal expression? Am i you now?
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

There is no secret ...

bigpego90 wrote: I'm studying this world from 3 years ago, and I changed some genres.,,,
you did? wow pretty impressive :party:

I'm sorry for my english....well, berklee school has this secret http://online.berklee.edu/courses/compo ... ic-music-1, there is a book or another thing like berklee's course? the secret, for me, is the organization of time, in this method I optimized my time for the my objective. (the world of electronic music :) ) Thank you

I think you should check out the free university courses from coursera. good luck!
https://www.coursera.org/courses?orderb ... cats=music

Nobody will tell you the secret, because it will no longer be a secret!

I don't see any secrets in the Berklee course...there might be more secrets on Soundonsound or in the Computer Music Mag...

...or in a good book, for example "Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio" by Mike Senior... :love:

Supposedly mis-attributed to William James under the influence of nitrous oxide--

"Hoggamus Higgamus, Man is Polygamous
Higgamus Hoggamus, Woman is Monogamous"

Never ask about secrets because:
No one will tell you
Everybody now knows you are looking for it
Will scare off the real secrets, in order to keep on being a secret

I think you need to get some help with phrasing the question as it doesn't really make sense. I don't think anyone knows exactly what it is that you are asking.

robojam wrote:I think you need to get some help with phrasing the question as it doesn't really make sense. I don't think anyone knows exactly what it is that you are asking.
You just don't know the secret, if you did, the question would make perfect sense.

bigpego90 wrote:Hello guys. I'm studing this world from 3 years ago, and I changed some genres. The last one is the best for me but my technique is improves but my approaching isn't the top. My question is this: like the acustic (jazz, classsical....) is there better approach for the electronic? So when I identified the best song of mine genre, what can I do if I don't want to lose the way for take the sound the style and so on. Thank you guys
I took the liberty of taking your post, running it through google translate a few times. First from the detected language (surprise: English!) then through Finnish to Javanese and then back to English in an attempt to glean some meaning in the words.
google translate wrote:Hi guys . I learned in this world three years ago , and I have changed some of the flow . Last onparasta to me , but the technique is improving but not getting oleylhäältä . My question is : kutenacustic ( jazz , classsical .... ) there is a better approach to electronic ? When , therefore , recognized as the best song genre my , what can I do , if I do not want to lose the opportunity to voice and style of the . thanks guys
I don't think I understand it any better, but I think a few more passes and it'll be an excellent poem about yearning to be understood in modern times. :oops:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

OK, now that I've made fun of the OP (sorry, couldn't help it!) I'll bite and see if I can help. :hug:

There isn't a secret. There is only study and inspiration. Learning how to use the gear/software, is important, but more important is learning how to take what you feel and hear in your head and get it out into music. Here are things that work for me.

#1: Most important of all, learn how to play an instrument. Putting notes in a DAW's sequencer is all well and good, but it's no substitute for actually knowing how to play a musical instrument. For electronic genres piano probably makes the most sense, but I started as a guitar player because my first love was 60s/70s British Invasion pop and prog rock. (Yes, King Crimson) I don't think the instrument makes much difference though. I probably would have been fine with the piano. Find music you like in all genres and try to learn them on your instrument of choice. There's no words that can make you know like doing. </Morpheus> I hope one day to learn cello and sitar as well... which leads me to...

#2: You never stop learning. There is always a new type of music or take on an instrument out there. Don't be afraid of it.

#3: The most important thing I learned in audio engineering school was "Don't be afraid of gear." Nothing is magic. There are no rules except make sure you use the correct power supply... oh yeah, and the record lathe viewer is showing you a mirror image of what's going on the acetate and if you keep turning that knob to get your groove deep enough, you will find the aluminum core and wreck a $2K cutting head. (don't worry about that last one, you'll probably never get near relic gear like that. :hihi: )

#4: Trust your ears. Don't overestimate them though. If you listen to anything enough you lose objectivity. Don't spend too much time on something. Your best and first inclination is usually your best. Go away from what you're doing and do something else. Paint. Read. Ride a bike. Etc. Then go back to it. The thing that sticks out and seems very obvious is probably wrong in some way. Don't be afraid to change it or get rid of it. Your music isn't some precious flower. If the branch is dead, prune it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Production Techniques”