What makes YOU want to turn up the volume?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When you hear a song you like and you want to turn up the volume, is there a special quality that promotes it?

And by loud I mean really loud listening, not making a sausage of a recording!
Last edited by camsr on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

camsr wrote:When you hear a song you like and you want to turn up the volume, is there a special quality that promotes it?
It's not loud enough.

I love loud music.

;)
... space is the place ...

Holy smokes that was the fastest reply ever, I just posted that!

ZenPunkHippy wrote:I love loud music.

;)
So do I, I also have a few ideas what makes ME turn up the volume.
-Really good thick stereo, not nasally sounding stereo.
-A big bass that makes my ears shimmer but doesn't drown out the music

I turn up because I'm trying to overpower the tinnitus

Codestation wrote:I turn up because I'm trying to overpower the tinnitus
Which can help sometimes, but usually isn't beneficial, be careful!

I guess there are just those times when you want to feel the sound physically rather than just as a form of mental entertainment or emotional stimulation. To be enveloped entirely by sound, to the exclusion of all else.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:I guess there are just those times when you want to feel the sound physically rather than just as a form of mental entertainment or emotional stimulation. To be enveloped entirely by sound, to the exclusion of all else.
During the DnB craze in the late 90s chilling in the bass bins was a thing. You could just lean against them if they were small be every once in a while someone had some of those giant horn loaded bins that you could actually sit in.

For house, it's all about getting punched in the chest with the 12 or 15 inch driver mid bass energy.

When it's a totally rocking guitar solo...like in this song.

:band:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I turn up the volume when I need to hear something. Either that or use some compression.

Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

cryophonik wrote:When it's a totally rocking guitar solo...like in this song.

:band:
HAha you think that's funny but try waking up to the sound of this

When a song is mastered really well I want to turn it up. When there was too much limiting applied it usually makes me want to turn it down.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

My special quality: I'm not selfish. I think about the aural pleasure of my neighbours too.

I hate loud music. I like nature.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Production Techniques”