Tell me your synth/production "war stories"

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had a studio something like 10 years ago.

My partner and me made the decision to produce a Xmas CD with lots of the classic Xmas songs you know.
So best of all this producing the xmas songs was, it was in the middle of the summer and it was piping hot in the studio.
The studio was placed near a shopping mile and lots of people were passing all day long and they were looking really
amused when passing outside our window where I was just mixing the famous Jingle bells .My partners voice, she was a woman,
apeares in the song and two lovely little children were watsching me sitting there with lots of sweat on my face and
took each other in the arms and just join the song and were singing with us:):)
So funny.

Well, its not really something about producing , but a lovely story:) What do you think:)

Cheers
classic

Numanoid wrote:Doing mixes and mash-up at the beginning of the 00's

Before Recycle, so many audio loops cut manually by mouse and hand

DAW's then for the most part only had absolute BPM count, 120, 121 (not 120.xx 121.xx etc)

So when you had a loop that went 120,25, you need to speed up the DAW 4 times to get it to an even number 481, so that the loop went properly :lol:
This is actually something I didn't know at all. Sounds quite annoying :neutral:

The female singer of our band got married and at her wedding she wanted to sing the song "You needed me" by Ann Murray, dedicating it to her husband. As usual, we were yelled at to get the song down in half an hour so I was the one volunteering to play the song on guitar to back her singing. I memorized the song and figured out the chords and was good to go. Sort of...

When the time for singing came, to my utter surprise our bassplayer climbed the stage and started to play the song on his spanish guitar, backing up our singer. Apparently he had been asked by someone to prepare the song so he did the job. We all listened to the performance and at one moment in the song, it takes a left turn into the bridge, different melodies, different chords etc. When I heard the bridge, I suddenly began to sweat VERY heavily. During my preparation, that was the part I "forgot" to think of... Imagine the embarrassment, me failing in front of everyone, not being able to play the bridge! The singer looking very disappointed, me spoiling her special moment on her own wedding!

No need to say, I congratulated the bassplayer for his more than adequate performance.

This is starting to become my favorite thread... nice little stories putting a smile on your face because it definitely could have happen to you :hihi:!
Keep going! :tu:

Cheers Björn

Return to “Production Techniques”