how to remove the clicks at my kick?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i eq*ed, compressed and added transient shaper. but my kick sounds heavily clicking, any tips? :(

https://copy.com/6txIc9HnKGCJej48
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I can't listen but have you tried to EQ it with a graphical EQ? You should be able to see where it's clicking.

It's not bad IMO - more the kick lacks body. It's very thin overall, hard to tell how it should sound.

However, fast transient shaper can add clicking as it's nonlinear effect.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:It's not bad IMO - more the kick lacks body. It's very thin overall, hard to tell how it should sound.

However, fast transient shaper can add clicking as it's nonlinear effect.
thanks mate, which freq spectrum is mostly the body and how would u add body? (eq? ;))
i make the kicks mostly thin when i have a typical hip hop sinewavey bass :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Turning down the attack on the transient shaper should eliminate that click easily. Once it's down to a manageable level you can bring the total level of the kick up and have something more like a kick.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Also try a deep/deeper cut somewhere around 3Khz. Usually a good amount of click in kick drums is there.

If you want more body, try compressing or saturating the kick.

didn't listened to the audio, but if you're already using a compressor you can dial the attack a bit faster to kill the excess of volume on the transient

you can edit it, and lower the volume of the attack, i like to edit my kick in edisson, the start is the click, high freq, after you have the low mid and the sub, sometimes its better to do some micro volume edit than eq because eq can change the phase relation(same process for add sub,body....)
cheer

Maybe try using a filter envelope.

imho, the best way to kill too bright and unpleasant transient at start of the kick is to gently process kick sound with any multiband saturator plugin.
for example
http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... dSaturator
cut any freqs you dont need in that click sound
so you keep the texture of sound.
Last edited by dioxine on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eeeh, just resample it and adjust the startpoint?

2 BDeep:

what about phase shifts? if kick already chosen for especial kind of bass? better way is to put a piece of silense in that cutted space, so you will avoid phase problems

Put a gate on it? a few ms attack. As long as the gate doesn't click of course.

Wouldn't the best be to get the kick at least halfway right in the first place? IMO the wrong starting point to try and fix something which wasn't right from the beginning...

IMHO what people already wrote here are the best way to fix your problem.

- Turning down the attack on the transient shaper should eliminate that click easily.

- imho, the best way to kill too bright and unpleasant transient at start of the kick is to gently process kick sound with any multiband saturator plugin.

- Put a gate on it? a few ms attack. As long as the gate doesn't click of course.

- if you're already using a compressor you can dial the attack a bit faster to kill the excess of volume on the transient
Guitar, Drum and Bass sample libraries for Kontakt
www.pettinhouse.com

Return to “Production Techniques”