Ron van den beuken Sunset how its made

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ron van den beuken Sunset (ron van den beuken remix) how this guy know how to do track like this? It was year 2005 it was early time to make track like this this.??

I know this track. The original version was one of the first trance tracks I've ever heard and it's actually tracks like this what made me switch to electronic music.

Actually, it seems to be typical 2005 trance sound (I didn't listen to trance in 2005, but I learned the history of trance retrospectively), the track stands out due to the melody and overall vibe, not because it's technically very advanced or ahead of times.

I don't know if Ron van den Beuken ever shared any info about how this track is made but I think that you could approximate this sound ITB with something like U-he Diva, a bit of tape/console type saturation and clever use of reverb.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Revi111 wrote:how this guy know how to do track like this?
Fistly he attended the Conservatory, that's the highest level of music school you can attend, often classical music. That means he must have had music lessons before, maybe playing piano from a young age.

But I guess you don't learn how to produce Trance there. It's something you can learn by just doing it. And get to know your tools: the DAW, samplers, synths, effects like delays & reverb, compression, etc etc etc. Having some talent helps...
Revi111 wrote:It was year 2005 it was early time to make track like this this.??
Not really, I hear sequences & techniques there that are much older, dating back at least another 10 or 15 years. Reminds me actually of .MOD files (made with MOD trackers on the Amiga) which had their haydays around 1995.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Let's paste a link so everybody knows what we're talking about:
https://youtu.be/hgU0nylPxts?t=2m6s
that's the highest level of music school you can attend, often classical music. That means he must have had music lessons before, maybe playing piano from a young age.
This track is very simple in terms of composition (pretty minimal, in fact). The hook is lead synthesis, simple but unique sound.

To me it sounds like a simple saw with high resonant peak and phaser, then strong distortion. May involve more magic to get that effect, but let's try and see.
Notice how this lead is layered over very deep bass for extra effect.

It should also belong to "sound design" forum.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Production Techniques”