(S1) Create chords, quickly review/listen while moving notes in piano roll...?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, on Youtube, I have seen someone doing live production sessions. Can't remember who...

When he was creating chords, he was in Ableton in a piano roll editor. I use Studio One. While he moved a note inside a chord for audible review, the playback always restarted at beginning of the quantization. I guess with some keyboard shortcut.

Can this be done in Studio One? What's best practise for us piano roll composers ;)?
Currently I change a notes position, go with the mouse a bit before the respective notes start, click, press space for playback. It's clunky.

TIA!

Have you looked at shortcuts under Transport menu?

The best I found was having it jump to the beginning of the beat (shift + Num-). I'd rather have it jump to beginning of quantization, but well.... BTW now I remember, I was watching deadmau5's workflow over at Youtube. Someone else explained it how he quickly reviews chords. In Ableton it is supposed to be shift+space, it plays back from the beginning of quantization under the mouse position.

Return to “Production Techniques”