"In your face" saw lead

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NAD wrote:Also consider layering multiple octaves.
Best advice here :)

Hi guys,

Sorry for bumping this old topic. I just had another question with this track.
So around 0:16, there is kind of a pluck sound (yet sounds also like a percussion, a wood metronome maybe). I am wondering how to design that sound, and what is the name for that type of sound? (it will help me find samples or presets). I have tried Ableton collision and operator to replicate that sound but with no luck.

I know I should post this on sound design section, but that forum seems to be much less active than here

Here is the track again. Start around 0:16
https://youtu.be/DLqs2Hq9R6M?t=16
(Just in case you are curious, I do like mlp stuff :D )
Trance, Trance Is Life

This pluck sound is dry and based on what I hear I would say the basic wave form to use is a square wave. To get the pluck right you need to pay attention to the number of voices, filter setting and ADSR settings. Attack is the shortest possible, Decay is very short, Sustain is as short as possible and Release is also as short as possible. It sounds like only one or perhaps two voices were used in your example. You could use any soft synth to make this pluck.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Return to “Production Techniques”