Free Mini Erhu Released

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kong Audio has just released MiniErhu VSTi. MiniErhu is the free version of Kong Audio's upcoming ChineeErhu Vsti. MiniErhu comes with some different expression styles to give you a taste of the otherworldly string sound.

Be sure to download the MiniErhu Tutorial pack to get an idea of how a Erhu is supposed to be played, just in case you are not familiar with it. The Tutorial package comes with MIDI files and project files for Cubase/Sonar/FLS/EnergyXT.

Go grab it!
Last edited by sosayweall on Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excellent instrument too! :)

Thanks for sharing!
-- Regards MrM --

Fantastic!!!

Can't wait for ChineeErhu to come out! (drooling at the screenshot of it on the website...)
Last edited by Gregjazz on Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Even better than the first one! :)

Be sure to download the MiniErhu Tutorial pack to get an idea of how a Erhu is supposed to be played, just in case you are not familiar with it. The Tutorial package comes with MIDI files and project files for Cubase/Sonar/FLS/EnergyXT.
HHmmmm, The tutorial cannot be loaded into my Cubase LE - error message say:
Projekt "minierhu_01.cpr" is Version 3.02. Version 1.0.6 of Cubase LE cannot load it.

Any suggestions?

/Kenneth

Just import the WAV and the MIDI
The MIDI files contain the preset number, should be easy.
-- Regards MrM --

The VSTi is cunningly hidden! Looking forward to trying this.

-- Regards MrM --

Fantastic! I luurve these instruments!

No, I mean the 'Download it' link under the picture points to the tutorial files not the VSTi (for which you actually have to click the picture).

thanks sosayweal
I'll be checking this one out tonight

sosayweall wrote:...
Be sure to download the MiniErhu Tutorial pack to get an idea of how a Erhu is supposed to be played, just in case you are not familiar with it.
Hi,

that is a lovely sentence. "just in case you're not familiar with it." Just in case you're not from china. :wink: :)
Thanx for giving it away free. Will check it out. Downloading.

Best wishes, FRitz
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

The tutorial pack was a very elloquent way of showing what this free version can do.

Beautiful!

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

I really wish I could be really enthusiastic about this new release, because I purchased both chineekong and dizi, and I have absolutely no reservation about the overall quality ot those vstis.
but....
---
On the other hand, 2 things make me very hesitant about investing further in chineekong :
- for one, it's the single-license, meaning that one can install them only on one machine, which, IMHO, by today's standard's, is a pity, with so many people wishing to compose far away from home on their laptop, or to better share their resources with 2 computers, depending of the nature/size of the project. I think a 2-machines-use would be fine.
- for two (and maybe the most worrysome for me) is the challenge/response scheme for the authorization of the vstis.
This indeed means that if, for whatever reasons, a small and maybe fragile company like chineekong had to suddenly retire from business (I do not wish it of course, but unfortunately those things do happen everyday, especially with small and young companies, which have a not-too-big market), the users who would need to re-install, re-build a system, etc... would, at best, have some trouble to get a new authorization, and at worse, might as well trash the files away, because nobody would be there any more to answer their calls any longer.
Call me pessimistic if you want, but if I had known better about the way those vstis are protected, I would probably not have bought the bundle.
------
I know that other companies do these C/R thing, and I have a couple of these products.
But in every case, the company is a big one, and has every chance to stay in business for a while, either under its own name, or under another.
------
So, I'd like to take the opportunity of this new release to ask ChineeKong, which are (I know for certain) aware of the "discomfort" (as they told me) of some of their users regarding this issue, if they have now figured out something to make those users more confident in the middle-term future of their investments...
----
I'd be really happy to hear a "yes, we are going to...(fill in the blanks)...", because this would mean that I can seriously look forward to this upcoming instrument !

Return to “Kong Audio”