Free Mini Erhu Released

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Giles,

Thanks for the feedback.
sirbellog wrote: ---
On the other hand, 2 things make me very hesitant about investing further in chineekong :
- for one, it's the single-license, meaning that one can install them only on one machine, which, IMHO, by today's standard's, is a pity, with so many people wishing to compose far away from home on their laptop, or to better share their resources with 2 computers, depending of the nature/size of the project. I think a 2-machines-use would be fine.
I'll be completely open and honest with you. Our products are priced much lower than the usual pricing of a plugin with this kind of sound quality - they won't be always as this cheap. If our products were priced as they should be, you would have two license slots for sure. For now, we are willing to add the second license slot to the same user at a 50% discount, which is the best we can do at the current stage. So if you or any user want a second license, please contact us directly and we will give you a special order link for the additional license.

sirbellog wrote: - for two (and maybe the most worrysome for me) is the challenge/response scheme for the authorization of the vstis.
This indeed means that if, for whatever reasons, a small and maybe fragile company like chineekong had to suddenly retire from business (I do not wish it of course, but unfortunately those things do happen everyday, especially with small and young companies, which have a not-too-big market), the users who would need to re-install, re-build a system, etc... would, at best, have some trouble to get a new authorization, and at worse, might as well trash the files away, because nobody would be there any more to answer their calls any longer.
Call me pessimistic if you want, but if I had known better about the way those vstis are protected, I would probably not have bought the bundle.
------
I know that other companies do these C/R thing, and I have a couple of these products.
But in every case, the company is a big one, and has every chance to stay in business for a while, either under its own name, or under another.
We have, as a matter of fact, offically made a statement on our website - but admittedly the link is a tad obscure, but it's also added to the updated user manuals as well - that if for any reason Kong Audio ceases to exist, we promise we'll release a non-C/R protected version for all our registered users prior to the day we stop functioning.

Oh - C/R...

I really hate this copy-protection system.

I compromised for IK/SR products because of the huge amount of value I place on their products, but as much as I like what you're doing here, I think I'll sit it out for the moment.

I'm on an ethnic sounds buying binge at the moment. I'll reassess after I've got my purchases and see if there's still room for your niche instruments.

Again though - the mini Erhu sounds lovely. I'm betting the full one is going to be divine.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Caleb wrote:Oh - C/R...

I really hate this copy-protection system.

I compromised for IK/SR products because of the huge amount of value I place on their products, but as much as I like what you're doing here, I think I'll sit it out for the moment.

I'm on an ethnic sounds buying binge at the moment. I'll reassess after I've got my purchases and see if there's still room for your niche instruments.

Again though - the mini Erhu sounds lovely. I'm betting the full one is going to be divine.

Caleb
After enough sales, there may not be a need for the C/R, but in order to ensure these guys stay interested and enthusiastic about developing such excellent products, I think the C/R is a small sacrifice of discomfort to make compared to the benefit. :shrug:

It sure hasn't hurt me at all and they have been super-supportive. I've had no trouble with the Kong Audio C/R and they're response is near-instantaneous.
:)

How about a C/R system where you simply go to a URL and type your email and the challenge code in. There is a manually updated list of email addresses of customers. It then automatically instantly emails you the response code.

So really the only way to getting by it would be either to hack the C/R code encryption or have a big shared email address.

Also, the C/R codes aren't hardcoded into the VSTi, of course, they are just made up by random.

And it keeps track of how many times the product is registered, so that way if you see that it's been registered 200 times in the past month, you can suspect something's up.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hello sosayweall,
thanks for your reply.
-----
well, I was not aware about your new commitment concerning the non-C/R-protected version which would be made available to all registered users, in case of any problems on your company's side.
Well, it makes me a little more confident.
Anyway, you should make it more obvious on your site, in order for everybody to be fully informed before purchase (I did not find it).
----
As for the price, I can understand your point, and consider the principle of additional licenses for a fee.
Nevertheless, I will not totally agree with you about the price being so low... it is low because you sell only one instrument at a time and make introductory prices/bundles...
But if you keep on releasing single instruments, someday we'll have a complete chinese library which may end up costing almost as much as RA....

sirbellog wrote: ----
As for the price, I can understand your point, and consider the principle of additional licenses for a fee.
Nevertheless, I will not totally agree with you about the price being so low... it is low because you sell only one instrument at a time and make introductory prices/bundles...
But if you keep on releasing single instruments, someday we'll have a complete chinese library which may end up costing almost as much as RA....
Hi Giles,

This subject involves more than merely the pricing matter, and it is not appropriate for us to discuss business plan publicly. I can only say this: our products are not inferior to RA(which is a good product), to say the least. We do not believe there are any soundware company out there can honestly say they have done a better job than us when it comes to Chinese instruments. In other words, you won't be able to replace our products with RA. If anyone wants the top Chinese instruments, there is no way to get around us. Now you should have an idea where we are coming from... :)

Hello again, sosayweall
----
Yes, in fact, I already had a strong suspicion about the place you are from ! (at least I did not suppose it was probably Switzerland :hihi: !)
--
Now, as for the price, get me right, I think it's very reasonably priced for the quality that you deliver...
I did not intend either to say that it's inferior to "RA"....
I just meant that it's NOT just a "give-away-priced" product whose ridiculous price would justify a significant extra for a second license.
My point was, that in a while we may have with you an unbeatable instrument library as far as "chinese" is concerned, but it will also be as expensive as "RA" (which I happen to own, and which gives me TWO licenses -AND streaming by the way- :hihi:

Hi Giles,
sirbellog wrote:Hello again, sosayweall
----
Yes, in fact, I already had a strong suspicion about the place you are from ! (at least I did not suppose it was probably Switzerland :hihi: !)
I suppose you knew what I meant...:)
sirbellog wrote: --
Now, as for the price, get me right, I think it's very reasonably priced for the quality that you deliver...
I did not intend either to say that it's inferior to "RA"....
I just meant that it's NOT just a "give-away-priced" product whose ridiculous price would justify a significant extra for a second license.
My point was, that in a while we may have with you an unbeatable instrument library as far as "chinese" is concerned, but it will also be as expensive as "RA" (which I happen to own, and which gives me TWO licenses -AND streaming by the way- :hihi:
Giles, as I said, this discussion will lead into something about our business plan, and that's not open for discussion - we do not want to let out what we have in mind, strategy-wise.

As for comparing to other products, well, we already have unbeatable products, soundwise speaking. But we have to play humble here since we are small. :wink: If we ever pile up something big, rest assured it will be much more expensive than the competition, and rightfully so.(Don't panic, I don't see that happening anytime soon)

sosayweall wrote:I can only say this: our products are not inferior to RA(which is a good product), to say the least. We do not believe there are any soundware company out there can honestly say they have done a better job than us when it comes to Chinese instruments. In other words, you won't be able to replace our products with RA. If anyone wants the top Chinese instruments, there is no way to get around us.
That's a very confident claim.

Given that I will keep Kong Audio on my radar once my current spending spree is over.

I think based on the strength of the Mini-Erhu you shouldn't have too much trouble convincing people to pay money for its big brother.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

It's a confident claim because it's the truth Caleb -- not so much a brag as a simple fact. ;)

When there's a product that's better, we'd all have to acknowledge it, obviously.

The whole idea is to make the best! :)

Caleb wrote: That's a very confident claim.

Given that I will keep Kong Audio on my radar once my current spending spree is over.

I think based on the strength of the Mini-Erhu you shouldn't have too much trouble convincing people to pay money for its big brother.

Caleb
Hi Caleb,

Thanks for your interest in our stuff. If you haven't checked up MiniDizi's updated Tutorial Pack yet, you should give it a try as well. It now comes with demo song files which are pretty cool, just as the Tutorial Pack for MiniErhu(the demo song is made by the same author, HuangXu).

You know we face quite some difficulties as a new company, pricing is one of them. It's hard to get it right, and it's also hard to position it right. It's even harder to break through the general perception of the established brands... :)

I like to add that I love the sound quality of the ChineeKong VSTi!
-- Regards MrM --

hey, wow - big mini :P ...the sound tuned great and is very useful...i thank the noble sharing ;) ...cya

tro

Very, very nice and tasteful, is it electronic or natural based.

Hi, Rangtangtang, it's sample-based.

Return to “Kong Audio”