Mag/Media reviews on Kong Audio plugins

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just want to share the exciting info:

Chinee Orchestra has received a good reviewed from Computer Music (2013.01)

Verdict
"The most comprehensive and convincing sampled authentic Chinese instrument sounds in the world, in our opinion."

-------------------------------------------------

Beat magazine (2013.01)

"Wenn Sie Ihre Produktion mit klassischen chinesischen Instrumenten veredeln möchten, sollten Sie bei Chinee Orchestra einmal ein Ohr riskieren. Die gebotenen Instrumente überzeugen mit einem authentischen Klang sowie einer nuancierten und dynamischen Spielbarkeit."

Sonic Tv: Insights: Chinee Orchestra (2012.10)

"Well performed by experts on these instruments this product captures the heart of China."

2496audio(2012.12.30)
"Inmediatamente...encontrará que dispone de una estupenda colección de sonidos orientales absolutamente necesarios para compositores de bandas sonoras para juegos, películas o TV, y también para aquellos que se dedican a producir música de relajación."

ChineeKong V2 has received an 8/10 with some nice words in CM 94. :)

ChineeWinds has received an 9/10 from CM.(2006.03)

Keys has just published a detailed review on ChineeWind, ChineeKong and ChineeErhu. Due to the fact that I cannot read German, I don't really know what they are talking about - but it seems very positive in the pros/cons list anyway. ;) (2006.04)

Keyboards has put some nice words (I can't read Deutch, but with the help of online translator, it seems like nice words to me...:lol: ) on ChineeKong in the Feburary issue: (2006.04)

"FAZIT: Die Sample-Sammlung ist hörenswert, die klangqualitat fur die 16-bit-auflosung sehr ansprechend insgesamt spurt man bei der zusammenstellung der samples die sorgfaltige hand des herstellers. Chineekong ist empfehlenswert fur alle, die ausgefallene percussion samples suchen, und fur filmkomponisten, deren szenen sich im weitesten sinne chinesisch anhören sollen."

German Sound & Recording has reviewed ChineeWinds in the 2006 June issue:

"Insgesamt gesehen bietet ChineeWinds ein wirkungsvolles Werkzeug zur Herstellung authentischer fernostlicher Atmosphare."

Sound On Sound has just put down some nice impression on ChineePipa in the September issue. (2006.08 )

"...the 66 presets of the Chinee Pipa capable of highly authentic-sounding results with just a few minutes of practice...this download-only instrument is an absolute bargain...highly recommended for anyone who wants to add some oriental flavour to their music..."

Keys review on Guzheng and Nanxiao: (2006.09)

"Der Vorteil von Spezialisten-Plug-Ins gegenuber uppigen Ethno-Playern liegt in der groseren Ausdrucksstarke. Steht man vor der Aufgabe, ein authentisches Fernost-Feeling zu erzeugen, sei es fur einen New-Age-Track,eine Szenenuntermalung oder eine TV-Dokumentation, so ist man mit den Kong-Audio-PlugIns gut gerustet."

SOS has just handed out a raving 5-page, in-depth review on Chinee series plugins in the October 2006 issue. Some excerpts here:

"Superb playability with real-time switching"

"As far as I know, there's nothing that really offers a comprehensive range of authentic Chinese instruments like the Chinee series."

"These Chinee instruments should be snapped up by any PC musician who wants a taste of the orient, before Kong Audio come to their senses and put the prices up!"

I just came across a mini review on Chinee Pipa from Music Tech Magazine, issue 46. Final verdict: "Another worthy addition to Kong Audio's set of authentic Chinese instruments. ChineePipa's player might be basic, but the quality and expression of the samples really shines through. Score: 9/10

Another good review from the 2007 November issue of Virtual Instrument Magazine:

"This volume is a must-have if you're involved in film, world music, or just looking to add a spicy Asian twist to your productions."

*Updated with the latest reviews.(06/07/22)
*Updated with SOS info. (06/08/30)
*Updated with Keys review. (06/09/05)
*Updated with SOS info. (06/10/04)
Last edited by sosayweall on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:12 am, edited 28 times in total.

Congrats!

And thanks for the recent updates :)

Keep up the good work.
-- Regards MrM --

Wow, that is great news!!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

sosayweall wrote:Just want to share the exciting info:

ChineeKong V2 has received an 8/10 with some nice words in CM 94. :)

EDIT: I don't know what happened to me. I typed the wrong product name... :oops:
Good for you! :) I've enjoyed MiniErhu and MiniDizi for a while...both are very neat...I'll probably upgrade at some point. :wink:

/fcd

Thanks guys. It's great to receive a nice review. We are thrilled to see it too.

Added a new mag review info...;)

"FAZIT: Die Sample-Sammlung ist hörenswert, die klangqualitat fur die 16-bit-auflosung sehr ansprechend insgesamt spurt man bei der zusammenstellung der samples die sorgfaltige hand des herstellers. Chineekong ist empfehlenswert fur alle, die ausgefallene percussion samples suchen, und fur filmkomponisten, deren szenen sich im weitesten sinne chinesisch anhören sollen."

EDIT: Updated with the Keyboards review.
Hi, I did a very basic translation:

"Conclusion: The sample collection is worth hearing, the sound quality is very appealing given the 16-bit resolution. Altogether, throughout the composition of the samples you can feel the designers' accurate hands. Chineekong is recommended for all the people that look for unusual percussion samples and for movie soundtrack composers, whose scenes are supposed to sound chinese in the broadest sense."

Gustar

I remember seeing ChineeWinds being talked about in a magazine, maybe it was in CM, not sure. I can try to find it and send you a scan if you want...
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

[users] will find that their paltry cash outlay of $68 fetches them an instrument that will instantly transport their tracks to a far off land infused with magic and mystery. As with all Kong Audio plugs, ChineeWinds makes ample use of various MIDI controllers to provide an extra few layers of nuance and expression.

Verdict: 9/10

an excerpt from CM 98.

Awesome news! Congratulations on the review!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

German Keys magazine has just reviewed Winds, Kong, and Erhu together. This article is a bit longer so my limited German fails completely - I have no idea what the content means this time. But judging from the pros/cons list at the end, I'd say it's a positive one...;)

A bump with some updated info...;)

Hi,

actually German "Keys" magazine has reviewed Guzheng & NanXiao in issue 8/06 as well. :)

Wow, that's a pleasant surprise for sure. Thank you Gustar for the heads up.

All praise is well deserved for these excellent plugs. I have always loved the sound of such instruments and have a collection of many instruments from the Far East. Playing Chineekong stuff gives me the same sort of inspiration...even more since I can't play the real instruments well at all... :lol:
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Return to “Kong Audio”