Big Bundle Installation Issues!!!!

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. This is from Stanley Jacob. I recently ordered your VST bundle and I'm having installation issues. I was only able to download and install Chinese Erhu, ChineeGuzheng, and ChineePipa successfully.

Problems...... Please get back to me about the following issues ASAP.

Chineekong: You only sent me 2 links - 1 for the setup file and one for data. The setup file works, but the data archive is corrupt and does not unzip without 'CRC fail' messages. Also, shouldn't there be a Soundbank installer with the Chineekong product as there was with the others in the bundle? If you so, you didn't send me a link to one!

ChineeWinds: You sent me 3 links for this. The setup file works ok and the tutuorial archive unzips ok, but the soundbank appears to be corrupt because I've tried to install it from 2 different drives that work fine and I'm getting erroros indicating that the file is corrupt. The message says "An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally cuased by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file". I can click either abort or retry at this point, and 'retry' brings up the same error, and 'abort' brings up 'corrupt file' and the installer quits. So this is obviously do to a corrupt file becuase my drives are new and are working correctly. Are you having server issues? Please get back to me about this asap and perhaps send me a link to a working soundbank installer.

ChineeNanXiao:

The main setup file is fine, but I get the exact same issue with the ChineeNanXiao soundbank that I did with ChineeWinds. Again, I''ve tried this several times as well.

Hi Stanley,

I have just checked up all the files you mentioned (by downloading each file on my own), and they are intact. You may need to get a download manager to resume the downloads, and to prevent the downloads from being corrupted by the browsers.

If you don't have any download managers yet, get flashget. It's very good, and it's free. The bottom line: don't ever download big files using any browser. :)

The "rared" soundbank of Chineekong V2 is intentional. ChineeKong V2 works differently from all our other plugins, as users need to load up the subsets manually. By using rar compression, the file size is also hugely reduced.

Let us know if you still have problems.

Return to “Kong Audio”