GhuZeng II ?

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just saw the news on this new version, but didn't see a mention in last week's email announcement.

Is the GhuZeng II a free replacement for existing GhuZeng owners w/ the new QIN updates? Or seperate purchase?

Not that the $20 intro price is a deal breaker, mind you :) ... just clarifying...

I wsih the SanXian had been the no-brainer. I already have two GuZhengs! But I know Kong Audio sound is good!

One thing that strikes me as a bit odd: on Chinee Kong's website, for instance on www.chineekong.com//suona.htm, there's a host compatibility table.

Apparently, neither the Suona nor any of the other instruments that I checked up on are compatible with Ableton Live!

What's up with that, I wonder. Live is one of the major DAWs and here's a whole range of unique instrument VSTs that can't, for some technical reason I assume, be run in Live?!

Is Live compatibility in the pipeline or is there something fundamental in the new (!) QIN engine that can't handle the Live environment?

Very strange…

As you might surmise, Live is my preferred (= only!) Windows DAW (I'm mostly on Macs) and I don't really fancy learning a whole new program…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

kbaccki wrote:Just saw the news on this new version, but didn't see a mention in last week's email announcement.

Is the GhuZeng II a free replacement for existing GhuZeng owners w/ the new QIN updates? Or seperate purchase?

Not that the $20 intro price is a deal breaker, mind you :) ... just clarifying...
It's a free upgrade. Just send us your new User ID and we'll send you the regcode accordingly. Sorry about the confusion. It's mainly aimed at getting new customers, hence we forgot to stress it to the existing users. But still, you get better deals anyway. ;)
synaesthesia wrote:I wsih the SanXian had been the no-brainer. I already have two GuZhengs! But I know Kong Audio sound is good!
If you are an existing customer, you already have a very good intro discount on Sanxian...;) If you don't have it, well, jump in with GuZheng II. Then you will get discount on future new releases for existing customers. You have to jump in and pay the due at some point you know. :)

@Spitfire31, we regret to say that the current version of QIN does not work well in Live. Both Ableton and us know about it, and we will address it in a different - yet compatible - version of QIN, but it's still a few months away from ready.

sosayweall wrote:If you are an existing customer, you already have a very good intro discount on Sanxian...;) If you don't have it, well, jump in with GuZheng II. Then you will get discount on future new releases for existing customers. You have to jump in and pay the due at some point you know. :)
You have me there! I'll take a closer look.

Matt

sosayweall wrote:@Spitfire31, we regret to say that the current version of QIN does not work well in Live. Both Ableton and us know about it, and we will address it in a different - yet compatible - version of QIN, but it's still a few months away from ready.
Thank you for the heads up! I'm a patient guy… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Kong Audio”