Langegard Pump Organ Questions and Suggestion

Official support for: precisionsound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am writing this because I have a few questions about the Langegard Pump Organ, as well as a suggestion for an update.

I purchased the Langegard back in December. I love the product, it sounds amazing. However, I have not yet fully grasped how patches such as the release only, no release, and sound effects. I do not understand clearly how to use them.

The release sound patches, where and when do I use them? And how do I use them in conjunction with the others.

As for the sounds patch, this I understand the least. Would you be able to identify which notes are what sounds, what these sounds are, and when the time to use said sounds would be.

I would greatly appreciate this assistance, thanks.

Next is a suggestion. I am using the free Kontakt Player version 4 format, so I have the Kontakt 4 database. Firstly, it says the sample type is too outdated to add tags to for the database, so would you be able to update to the standard? My second suggestion is, both for database navagation, and actual use of the library, maybe it would be more efficient and easy if you made the release sounds knob controlled, and a button to make it release only. Also, make the sound effects merged into the system, and volume controlled by knobs.

I hope my suggestions are of use to you, and I will continue to enjoy your products!

Thanks in advance,

~Mooshykris

Hello!

Yes thanks for the suggestions. We will make updates for the Langegard pumporgan and others with Kontakt GUI. We are continuously updating older SampleSets right now. First the Weltmeister accordion v2 that is available and soon we will have Nordic Upright, Dusty & Funky electric for EXS24 and scripted Kontakt v3 & 4 versions.

Best regards,

Lars

Thanks! I hope I could be of help there!

However, could you still for the time being explain how to use the noises?

~Mooshykris

Hi Mooshykris. The noise samples are the noises made by the organ when pumping the pedals, drawing the stops in and out (drawbar noise), and the sounds made when you empty the bellows by holding down lots of random keys (chord blowouts).

For instance, use the pumping in the background of quiet passages (where it will be heard), and the drawbar click before you are changing sound in the middle of a song, or if you are adding an octave doubling at some part of the song. It is also common to pump the organ up before starting to play, so including a few pumps at the beginning of each organ part will add to realism. (My real reed organ takes about 4, but its not as tightly sealed as it could be). And also.. The more notes at the same time, the more you have to pump.

Return to “Precisionsound”