Wish list for future products.

Official support for: precisionsound.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We have released Retro Gadgets Vol.2 with a loyalty discount for owners of the Retro Gadgets vol.1
http://www.store.precisionsound.net/ret ... 02info.php

If you haven't received your discount coupon let me know. Send your order ID to info@precisionsound.net

Lars

On my wish-list are ethnic instruments:

Banjo
Bagpipes
Harmonica
Bandoneon
Duduk
and Indian Instruments like:
Tabla
Sitar
Sarangi
Sarod
Tanpura

oh, and

Oud
Saz
and Ney

would also be great

Hello AKJ!

Your wish list is ours too. :)
We are working in that direction. Indian instruments is high priority for us and, well lets see what's happens... ;)

Lars

that's good to hear. make sure to have good players when sampling!

cheers, anil

(I just realized that I forget to mention Shenai)

Don't forget to include Indian Swarmandal please ! :)
All sample libraries seem to forget about this most heavenly of instruments.
The best for drones and glissandos. Also, if sampling a tambura, sample it carefully in the higher registers. Normally the lower register samples resonate well and sustain for enough time, BUT higher ones die off much too quickly - this is the problem with RA's Tambura.

I have QL RA and a Roland World card, access to Indian musicians but can never get enough of Indian instrument samples. :o

balafons - please sample multiple instrument sizes in order to get a large pitch range. most balafon collections only sample a single instrument, which provides a very limited range.

lithophone - if you can find one.

guzheng

kora

oh yes, a kora is missing. and since you are into ethnic drum now: djembe, darbuka, tablas, taikos please!

Great to see all this wishes we will try to fulfil them. :)

Our ARTificial Drums & Percussion has some nice real Tablas samples and some Bali drums and Dolphin shakers.

I would love to see a Charango (small Peruvian guitar). I am guessing it would fit perfectly with your Bolivian panflute for some really authentic Andean music:

A Cuban Tres would also be really great! It is an integral part of the popular bolero and other Cuban styles. I'm sure it would give an awesome traditional sound to any production:

Thank you "paveloso" this is a top notch request for libraries, the way we like it.
, pictures etc. and examples of music/bands and use. Very nice.

Keep on making wishes, all of you, help us out to help you out in the search for inspiring sounds.

Best regards,

Lars

Hello there :phones:

I've been looking for some Ocarina sounds lately, with hardly no luck.

It seems that there's no alternative to Sampletank or Colossus, and no matter how much I enjoy the sound of Ocarina, there's no way I buy such a huge library for the sake of a single instrument (not to mention the fact that I would certainly trust you more with preserving the naive yet delicate beauty of this little windy).

Now would'nt that be a nice & easy addition to your wind collection ? Come on… I know how underrated it is somehow but I'll buy 2 if this helps :P

Playing range (see? not so much notes to work on :ud: )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocarina

In the same mood, I've been thinking about some whistling samples… That I would VERY MUCH like, but I don't know if it's do-able.

The Suzuki's Omnichord crossed my mind too :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnichord

Could be a nice evolution to the stylophone collection. Different models, mostly sought after… Then again, this might be a "script-hell" to program with regard to the way the real instrument is played (with the kind of "auto-arpeggio" or "auto-chord" stuff, like you would hit a C3 -> no sound but next keyboard keys you'd hit would let you arpeggiate a C chord)…

I have no idea if all this would be possible, but hey, I'd be better spending $200 at your store again than trying to get an omnichord on eBay, plus I have no time to learn & play the Ocarina - neither skills to any whistling at all :hihi:

Anyway, I love what you're doing, so just keep it up !

A very happy new year to you (and thanks for the Winter Sale) !

:party:
Alexis

AKJ pointed some interesting instruments, I like too Indian, Middle East & African music.

The Ney would need some "breathing" feature as part of its specific & beautiful sound.

We already talked about the Daf WITH the "ring" attached all around.

I also can think of the ZARB also known as TOMBAK from Iran, there are famous world player as Djamchid Chemirani & his sons Keyvan & Bijan Chemirani.

Here's a link where you can see some info & picture of Tombak.

http://www.madjidkhaladj.net/madjidkhal ... ments.html

Of course as usual with instruments great attention has to be taken upon selection of them for the best possible quality.

How about a concertina? There's a post in the Instruments board right now asking about concertina sounds, and I didn't see any in a quick check of Google or some other sample vendors.

Edit: I found one, but it's not available standalone.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

The Concertina is added to our "to do" list :)

Best regards,

Lars

Return to “Precisionsound”