Maschine 2.0 vs ableton live or both?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been using live for quite some time now, recently i added maschine to my setup and just love it... I am doing more and more stuff with maschine, and less with Ableton..

Anyone else using this setup and how much of your ableton workflow has been replaced by maschine..

Try push, for composing I think it blows maschine.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Try push, for composing I think it blows maschine.
Really helpfull, you might want to try and explain why...

The keyboard and melodic step sequencer are better.

My prblem with maschine is that it ads a layer of complexity to working with your daw, on its own is very fast but once you have switch it becomes drawback for workflow
dedication to flying

Step sequencing on the Maschine hardware is a bit awkward, but via mouse/keyboard it's fine. And if you need a keyboard, you can still use a separate keyboard controller. (I like finger-drumming some parts, and playing others on a normal keyboard, and putting the rest in via mouse/keyboard.)

I still just run Maschine standalone, which is not for everybody, but it seems to bypass most of the things people complain about with Maschine. (I tried Live and really didn't like it.)

+1 for push....workflow is way better than maschine,not that maschine is bad,in fact it's amazing but push is abletons best friend and....I don't know...it's just a god send for ableton
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

damoog wrote:
+1 for push....workflow is way better than maschine,not that maschine is bad,in fact it's amazing but push is abletons best friend and....I don't know...it's just a god send for ableton
and if you get a Push, then get PXT-Live and PXT-Live Plus... some amazingly clever useful functionality added!

I use Maschine with Live and tend to use Maschine as a drum machine for Live. I spend most of my music making time working with drums and percussion so for me Maschine is awesome. If you are a more melodic guy then Maschine may not be totally for you.

I've enjoyed push since I got it early this year.

the good:

totally integrated with live
saves time/many useful things at a button touch
it's really creative (with the way it can do "scales/keys"
more controllers (but that might be redundant)

the not quite as good:

The pads are not as good as maschines imho
expensive. unless you are REALLY dedicated to live
the footpedal controls are not necessarily to my liking (especially the latency with record used)
Many things do not load presets from push 3rd party
even with PXT, things are not always intuitive and ableton will tell you to ditch it if you have issues.

For me, since live is my main squeeze, it's a no-brainer. I always thought that maschine 1.x doesn't integrate well with the maschine controller. This might be improved with 2.x

hibidy wrote:I've enjoyed push since I got it early this year.

the good:

totally integrated with live
saves time/many useful things at a button touch
it's really creative (with the way it can do "scales/keys"
more controllers (but that might be redundant)

the not quite as good:

The pads are not as good as maschines imho
expensive. unless you are REALLY dedicated to live
the footpedal controls are not necessarily to my liking (especially the latency with record used)
Many things do not load presets from push 3rd party
even with PXT, things are not always intuitive and ableton will tell you to ditch it if you have issues.

For me, since live is my main squeeze, it's a no-brainer. I always thought that maschine 1.x doesn't integrate well with the maschine controller. This might be improved with 2.x
+1to everything here except the last bit! ;) I'm the other way around and find the integration of maschine software and hardware a better combination than that of live and push.

I'm sorry, what I meant was MASCHINE and LIVE.

Sorry for the confusion

Ah right! :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”