So....how's your Kore?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kovacs wrote:
grymmjack wrote:It's a bummer that KORE is having issues, but consider that it's NI's first foray into the hardware control sector
Well, apart from the Guitar Rig Kontrol, perhaps. :wink:
and 4 Kontrol...

and that sliders thing for b4
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Maybe it will be their *last* foray into hardware kontrollers..... :P

I was in a shop yesterday to look at the M-Audio Axion 25 and they didn't have it in stock. While chatting to the sales rep I mentioned that I have Komplete 2 and he ran behind the counter and found a Kore. I was surprised at how heavy and sturdy it felt.

Only prob was that the price here at Harlan's world is about $700.... :(
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

That's robbery... the NI online store has it for $559, and they're usually the most expensive place :?

ew
A spectral heretic...

Taxes+shipping on that kills it. But I might still go for it since I get K3 for free with their current promotion...
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Well my free copy of K3 is due to arrive tomorrow :)

Considering I only paid £325 for it and then got the upgrades for Reaktor 5, Absynth 3, Kontakt 2 and Battery 2 all free as well (timed the purchase just right) I'm pretty chuffed :) Puts the few problems I've had with KORE into perspective for me.

just wanted to say that I think Kore kicks ass. there are some bugs, but then again what software have you used in the past 3 years that doesnt have bugs. the one bug that particuarly annoyes me is that my PC (Sun Java WOrk Station dual opteron, 4 gigs ram, RME Hamerfall,...) wont boot with the kore pluged in. so thats pretty lame.

but on the postive sides, tweeking the parm. inside of the VSTI's is amazingly easy. i love it. i also like how the searchign tool works. only thing i wish (and havent looked to see if this is even posible) but it woudl be great if it were posible to upload new mappings from other VSTI. ie. i am to lazy to do it. but if others did it and posted it on there site, then i woudl laod it up.

anyways, i hate tweeking with a mouse, and i dont like mappign withmy UCS33, so the KORE was a great buy for me. and it gives me the upgreade to k3.
"I never worked a day in my Life I just let the BIG Beet Lead me" ~Jungle Brothers
http://greatmarylandliving.com/ my home search page.

VoodooDoctor wrote:just wanted to say that I think Kore kicks ass. there are some bugs, but then again what software have you used in the past 3 years that doesnt have bugs. the one bug that particuarly annoyes me is that my PC (Sun Java WOrk Station dual opteron, 4 gigs ram, RME Hamerfall,...) wont boot with the kore pluged in. so thats pretty lame.
That's weird... and it works fine if you plug it in after you boot? Do you have any wake and/or suspend to USB enabled in your BIOS? If so, disable it and see if that fixes it...
but on the postive sides, tweeking the parm. inside of the VSTI's is amazingly easy. i love it. i also like how the searchign tool works. only thing i wish (and havent looked to see if this is even posible) but it woudl be great if it were posible to upload new mappings from other VSTI. ie. i am to lazy to do it. but if others did it and posted it on there site, then i woudl laod it up.
You mean like these?
anyways, i hate tweeking with a mouse, and i dont like mappign withmy UCS33, so the KORE was a great buy for me. and it gives me the upgreade to k3.
After you work with it for a while, it's hard to go back to mouse editing; that's for sure...

ew
A spectral heretic...

One question:
If a synth is inside the kore host how can I edit its automation parameters via my main host (in my case Live)? How is this managed?

cptgone wrote:
kovacs wrote:
grymmjack wrote:It's a bummer that KORE is having issues, but consider that it's NI's first foray into the hardware control sector
Well, apart from the Guitar Rig Kontrol, perhaps. :wink:
and 4 Kontrol...
:hihi: my lack of NI intelligence is showing, eh? :)

were the other controllers universal? ie; can one use the bar control of the b4 with synth1 or is it proprietary to the b4?

grymmjack wrote:were the other controllers universal? ie; can one use the bar control of the b4 with synth1 or is it proprietary to the b4?
The b4 controller is said to work with the L8r synth but the required patch is still circling the NI beta team.

Alien Leg wrote:One question:
If a synth is inside the kore host how can I edit its automation parameters via my main host (in my case Live)? How is this managed?
KORE sends host automation, so it'd be like editing automation normally is. With Live, I've found it to be very simple- just hit the record button on the transport and move the knobs...

ew
A spectral heretic...

Ok, that's fine. What if I want to draw automation and pick a certain parameter?

ew
Thanks for the link man. thats great. i shall download them. gota finsh up this HW for now since it was due yesterday. anyways the non booting turns out to be that teh KORE and my USB hub dont get along. i have a shortage of USB ports on my PC, in fact my 7 port hub only has one open slot. i didnt even think about it, but i just moved the KORE to directly into the PC and it boots fine. oh and CPU wise... thats a non isue on my PC. aprently it likes the dual opteron just fine.

i also had tried settings in the BIOS. but no luv.
~B

ps. on hte construction of this thing. the metal casing i think is great. however the rubber feet are not glued properly. they fell off the first day. and on the drivers, i do hope that NI posts updates and what not and doesnt charge for them. i got screwed with Final Scratch that way. i was one of the unlucky ginipigs. so we shall see. meanwhile this has made my fun with Pro53 and FM much more fun.
"I never worked a day in my Life I just let the BIG Beet Lead me" ~Jungle Brothers
http://greatmarylandliving.com/ my home search page.

VoodooDoctor wrote:ps. on hte construction of this thing. the metal casing i think is great. however the rubber feet are not glued properly. they fell off the first day. and on the drivers, i do hope that NI posts updates and what not and doesnt charge for them. i got screwed with Final Scratch that way. i was one of the unlucky ginipigs. so we shall see. meanwhile this has made my fun with Pro53 and FM much more fun.
Unfortunately, a first lot of the KORE controller was manufactured with glue, that did not fix the rubber feet reliably. All recent controllers are manufactured with improved feet and better glue.
You can use the technical support form to request free self- adhesive feet (Please check that your postal adress in your NI account is correct).

And yes, we working on driver updates which will be free of course.

Best regards,
Steffen (NI)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”