Time Signatures In Fl Studio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

camsr wrote:
Image-Line wrote:
camsr wrote:Please just add chord inversions for the randomizer and chords obviously!
You know about the chord-stamp tool?
Yes, but I only have version 10 installed. Did the newer versions get inverted chords?
You can easily make your own 1st, 2nd, 3rd inversion presets for the tool. Look in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12\Data\Patches\Scores\Stamps\Melodic - chords

and edit a .fst file. For example...it took me a 30 seconds to make a 1st inversion stamp...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqiP5kk3q_Y

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
Image-Line wrote:We have only started promising time-signatures in the last 12 months FWIW.
And what kept you so long if not a philosophy similar to mine? :hihi:
We thought it may attract formally trained musicians, and that would be bad for our 'Fruity Loops' image :ud:
Thats even smarter, I'll give you that. Instead you got hands on all the feature counting internet novelists to whom making music never was- or will be the point in question. No wonder you don't have to spend money on campaigns. Though I wonder why you do not just stick to that strategy; if it ain't broken...... :tu:

This maybe just the little push every novelist needs. Finally, after 250 years, we will leave the Dark Ages of Music behind us!

Oh cool, thanks.

I think it would be cool also to have the randomizer be able to fit a selected note rhythm. One could simply take a single note rhythm and apply a randomization to the pitches.

valhallasound wrote:Cyriak has a lot of complex time signatures in his music, and seems to get by with Fruity Loops:
Plus, he creates his own animations to go with the music.
I don't think he is aware of this. He is an animator who makes music to his awesome animations:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N3NhV7QtoyI
(At 16:30 min he's explaining how he creates the music...)

Image-Line wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:What can I possibly say to all this? Just saying that it works for me. Not my call to follow my advice or not. But hey, this thread started 10 years ago and there is still no change besides a promise. I am inclined to think IL already know and that I am only stating the obvious.
Show me a promise we haven't delivered on?

We have only started promising time-signatures in the last 12 months FWIW. It is going to happen.

Re time sig, it really is a case of just ignoring the grid, which it seems a lot of people can't do (for whatever reason). It's just a visual issue, not a technical one. Anyhow, we will be updating FL Studio in the future to include changes to the Piano roll & Playlist grid in response to Time Signature settings. Plus the downbeat on the metronome of course.

Until then, TIP: There is a handy feature under View > Time segments > Markers, that you can use to change the grid shading to match your time-signature changes.

Regards Scott
Can't wait!! Hoping it's user defined time signatures and not just a few presets for 2/4 3/4 and 12/8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... ly7_sQSR4c

13 is going to be what no other host is. It will kill everything else and make you wonder how you got on without it.

incubus wrote:13....and make you wonder how you got on without it.
Because ain't 13 yet :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

13 will have ABR.

Automatic Brain Recognition.

You simply insert the probe into your brain and songs are instantly uploaded with all the mixing and mastering done for you.

incubus wrote:13 will have ABR.

Automatic Brain Recognition.

You simply insert the probe into your brain and songs are instantly uploaded with all the mixing and mastering done for you.
NDA :uhuhuh:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Get over it, boring.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Did someone say something? Hmmmm.

Anyways, I look forward to 13. The only fear I have is 5-20 items that you know and love that will be removed* :hihi:

(*which will be reinserted along the way with .x updates :D )

I wonder if we can help beta test 13 yet?

Image-Line wrote:Re time sig, it really is a case of just ignoring the grid, which it seems a lot of people can't do (for whatever reason). It's just a visual issue, not a technical one.
This is absolutely bullshit. It's also insulting everyone that would use actual f**king time signatures. Me, for instance, the first several years in a DAW I absolutely ignored the grid and always used SMPTE + sub-frames. I got interested in certain things I do musically (which you wouldn't even vaguely understand I don't think) and now I like to use the grid. Also in terms of arranging, it's good to know where ONE is, at least. Now, I like to know where other things happen... It's a musician thing, you wouldn't understand.
One could hardly be more astute at "ignoring the grid" than me.

What do you want to even convey with "not a technical [issue]"? To program? It's only a visual issue. That's such a stupid reduction, what it tells me is you're just ignorant.

Now you're meeting an apparent demand by finally (talking about) doing it.
Don't talk down to people who understand the issue where you don't.
Not that I had any interest in this thing with no time signature, but you aren't helping yourself a lot insulting people's intelligence you have no business with.

jancivil wrote:
Image-Line wrote:Re time sig, it really is a case of just ignoring the grid, which it seems a lot of people can't do (for whatever reason). It's just a visual issue, not a technical one.
This is absolutely bullshit. It's also insulting everyone that would use actual f**king time signatures. Me, for instance, the first several years in a DAW I absolutely ignored the grid and always used SMPTE + sub-frames. I got interested in certain things I do musically (which you wouldn't even vaguely understand I don't think) and now I like to use the grid. Also in terms of arranging, it's good to know where ONE is, at least. Now, I like to know where other things happen... It's a musician thing, you wouldn't understand.
One could hardly be more astute at "ignoring the grid" than me.

What do you want to even convey with "not a technical [issue]"? To program? It's only a visual issue. That's such a stupid reduction, what it tells me is you're just ignorant.

Now you're meeting an apparent demand by finally (talking about) doing it.
Don't talk down to people who understand the issue where you don't.
Not that I had any interest in this thing with no time signature, but you aren't helping yourself a lot insulting people's intelligence you have no business with.
Although you're banned, i still think an answer is appropriate;

Technically he's right. timesig's are (in this time and age) nothing more then visual representations within a certain tempo. Sure, it would be "easier" to set the grid to a certain beatcount. But in FL Studio that isn't necessary in order to use different timesig's.

Patterns can be as long, or short as one want those to be. a 7/4 (for instance) is therefor really easy to make.

Also, his comment isn't insulting in any way. He is just explaining what a timesig change is in FL Studio and what someone could do to make use of that...i don't get your agressive tone.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”