new dx/dxi/mfx wrappers

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks Kalamata Kid!
i just got it,i'd been doing it arse-first.
dropping the dxshell.dll onto the shell2vst.exe does then create a folder called DX full of usable plugs that can be dropped onto eXT with using the dxshell.dll! :dog:
same with the others.oc.now need to find some mfx's to try.

clone ensembles bass chorus dx was the only dx that didn't show up.btw.
sorted.:)

spacedad wrote:dropping the dxshell.dll onto the shell2vst.exe does then create a folder called DX full of usable plugs that can be dropped onto eXT with using the dxshell.dll! :dog:
same with the others.oc.now need to find some mfx's to try.
Dont forget you have to rescan everytime you install a new plug! Check some MFX here http://www.midiplugins.com/

Your probably going to run into the same problems as I and others have here but PLEASE POST ANY PROGRESS you have!

Thanks

L

Has anyone tryed automating parameters in DX wrapped plugs?
L

i quickly investigated automation in eXT but the file>cc map option was a no go, however i found some plugs that responded to standard messages such as cc7 for volume are controllable. that said i've only given this a cursory glance.

regards

knockman.. hmm seems like this needs more investigation.

L

i just tried to regsvr32 some paralogos plugins but get errors,don't understand this command prompt business. :?

I finally got a chance to try my luck with these VST to DX shells. I believe I did everything right. I can see them inside Cubase SX3 and inside energyXT.

In energyXT I click on dxishell which opens but can't get any DXi to be visible in dxishell. I read the howto.gif but it was not clear to me. I suspect I am overlooking the obvious.

Do I need to drag and drop dxshell.dll and dxishell.dll into shell2vst.exe? Or do I drag and drop all the DXi's into the shell2vst.exe?

I read all the posts but could not make heads or tails out of them. spacedad gave me credit that I knew but I did not. Please help.

Kalamata Kid wrote:Do I need to drag and drop dxshell.dll and dxishell.dll into shell2vst.exe?
yes.presuming you have some dxi installed on your system it should create a folder called dxi which will have vst versions of all you dxi's.same for dx's.

Just wanted to say how much I love these wrappers :love:
I'm now able to sort all of my plugins and have been able to eliminate all duplicates for plugs that were wrapped by Sonar.

Have not had any problems with automation of Dx/Dxi's in Ext.

These really are nice!

BUMP

Great stuff, thanks a ton for your time in putting this together and sharing! Works like a charm.

Gabriel

I was just playing PSYN as a VSTi in Cubase SL3. All with very little fuss, thank you. I could not get the Roland GrooveSynth to work though : ( but I am very happy about the PSYN working!

PSYN IS an VSTI instrument, not a DXi.

So no wrapper needed. ;)

mahtazz wrote:PSYN IS an VSTI instrument, not a DXi.
since when?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I do not know exactly, but you can load it with any VSTi Host.

mahtazz wrote:I do not know exactly, but you can load it with any VSTi Host.
Never noticed that. I thought all the P5 stuff was DX/i only. :shrug:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”