new dx/dxi/mfx wrappers

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:
shamann wrote:
In Sonar, MFX are run as off-line processes, aren't they (I only ever used them back in the old Cakewalk days, so I don't know how they work now)? Perhaps that's the problem I've run into, in that I've only tried to use them as live MIDI filters/generators, which hasn't seemed to work as yet.
Nope. They can be used offline, or work in realtime.
This might explain why some do not function.. hmm

L

Arksun wrote:So with this I could use my old direct-X plugs in Cubase 4?.

If so, Rock on! :D
Should not be a problem if installed & reg'd properly. I'd be interested to see if it works actually!

L

Splendid, thanks a lot polac !

Thanks 8)

The mfx, at least, has a little problem, as I can only open a single mfx plug in eXT, when I open a second one I have no GUI.
In VSTHost, it's even worse, can't open a single gui.
Any idea ?

First off I want to say that these are functioning here in Ext. I have not tried multiple mfx, but have had some GUI problems with multiple shells open at the same time.

The biggest issue I have now is that the shell will display all plug-ins that are listed. dx shell shows all vst's that are wrapped by Sonar. This means that all vst's are available twice and the dx effects only once.
I know this is not a fault of the shell plug-ins but does any one have a reasonable way to sort vst/dx plug-ins so that you can control what shows up where? (if the shells are in your scanned vst folders Sonar will attempt to scan all of your plug-ins through the shell)

OMFG - an MFX shell. You're kidding me.

This is the best news since - well ever!
I'll have to see what possibilities there are for using this in eXT and REAPER and if all goes well maybe I can finally get my hands on Rhythm and Chords and Slicy Drummer etc...

Someone might be getting a big KISS! :hihi:

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

mbncp wrote:Thanks 8)

The mfx, at least, has a little problem, as I can only open a single mfx plug in eXT, when I open a second one I have no GUI.
In VSTHost, it's even worse, can't open a single gui.
Any idea ?
Thanks for that info, something similar did also happen with the dx/dxi pendants, but I think it is fixed with this version now. :)

http://xlutop.com/buzz/zip/dxshell_v1.01b.zip

polac is that the same version you posted here b4?

The biggest issue I have now is that the shell will display all plug-ins that are listed. dx shell shows all vst's that are wrapped by Sonar. This means that all vst's are available twice and the dx effects only once.
I know this is not a fault of the shell plug-ins but does any one have a reasonable way to sort vst/dx plug-ins so that you can control what shows up where? (if the shells are in your scanned vst folders Sonar will attempt to scan all of your plug-ins through the shell)
I would use the shell2vst.exe to create single vsts from the dxshell.dll, and then bin the sonar-wrapped vsts. In eXT you'll have to go this way either as it doesn't handle shell vsts. Of course you can load the dx via dxshell to eXT, however eXT will forget the previously loaded dx in your project.

Still the same problems with the MFX wrapper not loading many plugins and not functioning when they do.

L

Lagrange wrote:Still the same problems with the MFX wrapper not loading many plugins and not functioning when they do.
Can you tell me which plugins are causing trouble?

As I said the mfx wrapper is quite experimental, and it won't be possible to get all mfx plugins working. The simple live input mfx will work of course, even of some time/sync related stuff might be working. Other things like the mfx offline features are problematic or even impossible for this kind of wrapper.

ImageThis one loads.. But does not work..
ImageSame..
ImageSame..
ImageDitto..
ImageThis works!
ImageLoads but not functioning..

I bought this bundle a while back for cakewalk but I no longer use CW so I had these on an archive.. I put a MIDI message vst after the ones that load with no function and it seems they just get bypassed..

From HERE

L

Lagrange,

Did you ever have Kit #1 working?
What do you know about kit#2

Both kits have the following requirements:
System requirements are the same as for the Cakewalk product you are using the MFX Kit 1 with. MFX Kit 1 works with Cakewalk software including SONAR 3.0, 2.0 and 1.0; Cakewalk Home Studio 2002, 9, and 8; Music Creator 2003 and 2002; Plasma and Plasma 2003; Pro Audio 9 and 8; Guitar Studio 2; and Professional 8.

Too bad Cubase is not on the list. Is there a list of functioning MFX in Cubase and even other sequencers? I believe someone had such a list.

Is there a list of MFX that will work in the current MFX wrapper? …in Cubase and energyXT for selfish reasons but would be nice to see if it works in other sequencers for the sake of other musicians.

@Kalamata.. Only Step Adjuster.. With regards to a list, If there was more than 3 plugs that worked in MFX wrapper I would start a list.. Right now it seems pointless until the bugs are worked out. :(

L

Lagrange,

My question was if ever you had all of Kit #1working any sequencer. Did all work for you in Cakewalk or Sonar?

Through the years there have been many members interested in MFX. Where are they now? Perhaps the title 'wrap your MFX and use them as a VST" or similar title would attract them to this first ever MFX to VST wrapper.

Too bad MFX plugins is such a neglected format. I am crossing my fingers that this MFX wrapper will pan out. Using the MFX inside energyXT (as a VSTi) would be very exciting.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”