new dx/dxi/mfx wrappers

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PSYN and all cakewalk shared instruments are all DXi. Maybe you have some other kind of wrapper that wrapped PSYN without noticing. PSYN is definitely a DXi and the dxshell wrapped it nicely and without fuss.

Everybody thought that! ;)

mahtazz wrote:Everybody thought that! ;)
Confirmed. :shrug: PSYN2 doesnt though.

Strangely, though, I had thought the version of Pentagon that ships with Sonar ran as a VSTi, but it doesnt seem to.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

mw wrote:PSYN and all cakewalk shared instruments are all DXi. Maybe you have some other kind of wrapper that wrapped PSYN without noticing. PSYN is definitely a DXi and the dxshell wrapped it nicely and without fuss.

you are wrong in the case of Psyn - it runs as a vsti without any wrapper- however there are some problems though (concearning polyphony iirc)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

mw wrote:I was just playing PSYN as a VSTi in Cubase SL3. All with very little fuss, thank you. I could not get the Roland GrooveSynth to work though : ( but I am very happy about the PSYN working!
Roland Groovesynth is locked to a limited number of Cakewalk hosts. It won't play in other hosts.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Thanx for the reply, oh well. win some and you lose some. cheers

Thanks for this wrapper !
I will try it soon because some MFX are very specials and uniques
:D

Was there an update to the MFX wrapper? The last time I tried, it did not work on most MFX. Please say yes!

Edit: nope :(

L

ok, for the record:
i only have to drag'n drop the dx shell onto shell2vst, and it creates a folder, within there are placed vst dll's of all my dx plugins?
does it matter where i put the shell2vst or the shells, or does it work from everywhere?
do those two shells and the shell2vst have to be at the same/a certain location?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

this is absolutely amazing. I've always hated directx. I've got plugins i swear i cleared from the cache 2 years ago that still show up in my dx plug listing...

Thanks, works great. The only problem I had w/Acon, is you need the 1st plug to have stereo inputs or something, I just run the vst of acon effectchainer in it 1st, then a dx effect.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

didn't see that before ! exactly what I was looking for... now I can play with Dimension LE within XT !
You can't always get what you waaaant...

joshhunsaker wrote:this is absolutely amazing. I've always hated directx. I've got plugins i swear i cleared from the cache 2 years ago that still show up in my dx plug listing...
Ah, the fun of direct x plugins! This is a common problem but there are programs to get around this, for example AnalogX's DXMan, which is a Direct X plugin manager. Quote from the website:
AnalogX Website wrote:Frustrated with plugins still showing up in all your programs, even though you deleted them ages ago? Then AnalogX DXMan is for you!
Doesn't that sound just like the problem your having? ;)

There are also some unusual audio programs on their site which you might find interesting too. :)

I feel really cheeky asking this, especially as you've done this for free, but is it possible to go the other way and wrap a MIDI VST inside a MIDI MFX?

I would love to be able to stick EnergyXT into an MFX slot in Sonar.

Just tried these out in Live6 ... fantastic!! Thank you so much :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”