Reaper is not an ugly duckling anymore !

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whoa. Suddenly the other two skins look MIGHTY good.

Actually, I like the lighter of the two just fine, and don't mind the darker either. I don't use Reaper, so my opinion carries little weight, but the impression those skins leave is of a more polished product. Superficial, I know, but a positive first impression can encourage someone with a casual interest to look further into the product.

The only host uglier than Reaper is N-Track.

These skins help it a little bit, but the root fugliness remains intact..
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

alex zonder wrote:Image

Someone actually liked it a lot, but I didn't save the png's... :hihi:
I'll bet I know who that person was..

Why don't you keep this ugly fucken shit on their own forums?

Reaper still looks like ass to me, but i don't use it, so what does it matter.

Come to think of it, Does anyone use it? Seeing as there's an update at least every week i really wonder how anyone has the time to use it, in-between posting about every completely insignificant improvement that gets made. ("Wow! Reaper has track EQ's! LOLL!!1!1! Take that Pro-Tools!!")

Reaper is the ugly, acne-covered step-child that no one actually gives a f**k about.

My 2 cents.

Maybe I've spent too many years using Sony Vegas, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects but I like the Reaper interface especially using any one of the Akoustic theme; I find it clean and clear and it doesn't get in my way like a professional software interface should. I don't even like what has been done so far with the new skinning options, too cramped and distracting, and I have all the shadowy stuff turned off as I hate that junk. Photorealistic gimmicky interface just spells toys to me, not interface made to have work done with.
No, that wasn't me.

Sickle wrote:
alex zonder wrote:Image

Someone actually liked it a lot, but I didn't save the png's... :hihi:
I'll bet I know who that person was..

:-D Rem acu tetigisti.

hoffy wrote:My 2 cents.
You give yourself too much credit, your post isn't worth half that.
No, that wasn't me.

Yeah, but with the exchange rate.......
My host is better than your host

LOL squared.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

KVR is such a warm and fuzzy place.....

dancerchris wrote:KVR is such a warm and fuzzy place.....
Is that you, Brandon?

How's your dad doing?

Serious question/request here: Has someone managed to make it look like FL? :)

:ud:
:: FL Studio v9.0.3 :: u-he Zebra2 v2.5 :: u-he MFM v2.0.2b5 :: u-he Uhbik v1.1 :: EnergyXT v1.4.1/v2.0.2 ::

:hihi:

I wonder why all these themes use gradients all over the place, reminds me a little of some of the SAW interfaces I had seen.

Would love to see something clean looking, like Nuendo 3 for instance...

http://aes.harmony-central.com/117AES/C ... o-3-lg.jpg

Still, this is indeed a great step forward for REAPER.

Cheers
Fots

You can turn off all that shadowy/gradient junk and then get a clean/uncluttered and functional interface, something like this (in which I have a custom color for the drum group for easy recognition when mixing later on, but you can turn that off too):

No, that wasn't me.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”