Magix drop Samplitude dongle...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

koolkeys wrote:Suggested retail price is over $600, but you can buy it for $500 at pretty much anywhere online. I've seen it for less. Plus, it's not crippled in ANY way and just as full featured as any host out there(of course considering that every host, including Sonar, has it's unique features).

Brent

You can also do a competitive upgrade (from most other DAW apps) to SONAR 7 Producer Edition for $399US. If you want to be a real savvy shopper you would get Cakewalk's Kinetic 2 (the least expensive qualifying Cake app) which you can find online for about $50 at most places and you could upgrade to SONAR 7 Producer Edition for only $299. So you would get both SONAR 7 PE & Kinetic 2 for around $350US! :D Cakewalk has very generous upgrade paths especially if you already own one of their lower end products. :wink:

Cheers,

Billy Buck
I'm on the road to Sonic Nirvana
REAPER.....your DAW on a keychain! Don't leave home without it!
Visit me on ACIDPlanet

So, that's all about cakewalk.

Any news on Magix and Samplitude or MS? :D :wink:
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

MountainKing wrote:So, that's all about cakewalk.

Any news on Magix and Samplitude or MS? :D :wink:

Opps, sorry for the hijack! Samplitude Pro 10 is arguably one of the top DAWGs of DAW's in features and performance. I think from a competitive standpoint a more user friendly CP and a lower pricing tier would give it a better chance against similar full featured DAW's (SONAR, Cubase, Logic, DP, etc..which all can be had for $500 or less these days).

and now back to your regularly scheduled station........ :wink:
I'm on the road to Sonic Nirvana
REAPER.....your DAW on a keychain! Don't leave home without it!
Visit me on ACIDPlanet

Yeah i spent the last week testing/being torn over this Samp 10 ver or Sonar P7 for the mixing stage of my tracks (Dual computer DAW Live 7 & now sonar setup) . I love Samps feel But SP7 won me over in the end.
The main things where, AudioSnap worked better, unlimited busing (i usually use 12 or so), Rock solid with my SSL Duende, Surround (i do post work as well), i all ready have the samp analog modeling/FX VST's, Price, & all the midi features put it over the top. It was tough, i did a quick mix in each and was surprised @ who came out on top.
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com

Due to this thread i downloaded this new Sam DLV version and i'm extremely impressed by the workflow Sam offers.
I had to analyze a song in MIDI-format and the features SAM offers for MIDI-editing and viewing are just superb. The ability to see and filter several MIDI clips must also be fantastic for composing.
In the meanwhile i watched most of the tutorial videos and it's amazing, HOW it offers to get certain things done.
On top of this tremendous complexity (the last time i tried Samplitude it was still owned by Studio für elektronische Klangerzeugung Dresden SEKD) is an interface with a consistent behaviour of the software everywhere.
Didn't know Ver.10 is THAT good.

it is the most underrated daw in my opinion. I tracked & mixed my last band project in samp 9. Great feature set.
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com

The Samplitude/Sequoia suite has certainly come a long way since the Sek'd days.

Just spent the weekend scoring almost in real-time for a 48-hour film competition. Lots of editing multiple MIDI tracks simultaneously. Stretching to fit cue. Even cleaned up some modulation and noise on the main sound coming out of Premier NLE. :) All done on my laptop in the back of a van in true 'guerilla-style'! :shock:

Greg
Don't ask me, I just play here.

The download version of Samplitude 10 has a restriction of 6 aux busses. Magix have included sidechain busses in that restriction. So if you use 6 sidechain busses there will be none left for FX sends.

A detail left out of the Magix publicity and information.

So sidechain fans, take heed, this "cheap" version of the programme is severely restricted.

beauchamp

And you've verifed this?
Wow, 6 sidechains is a lot IMO, but I can see using aux's and routing back to capture effects and/or freeze tracks.
Also, you can probably use EnergyXT or similar to route out to more aux's and effects if necessary.
It's still a good overall, considering what you DO get.

Greg

When do you guys think version 11 will be coming out?

Just curious as I am about to buy samplitude. If we are talking Dec/Jan I will wait any longer I don't think I could wait.

V11 probably not until later on next year (in other words NOT Dec./Jan.).
V10.2 update is imminent most likely before years' end.

Go for it.

Greg

Well that's good because I ended up buying it.

Thanks!

Congratulations!

Make sure you sign up over at the forums for support and to participate in a great community.

Greg

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”