Magix drop Samplitude dongle...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Samplitude 10 with no dongle and only a few limitations...

http://www.samplitude.com/eng/seq/shop.html

* Limitations of the download version: Independence LE not included
* Impulse responses for Offline Convolution Reverb not included
* Content for Auto Jam Session not included
* Demo content not included
* Printed manual not included
* DVD not included

It's heating up in the host market. I think Magix are responding to Logics drop of "le dongle" last year. :hihi:

Interesting...

Might Steinberg follow I wonder?

If it were on mac, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

HI

It's unfortunate that as one company drops using a dongle another takes it up: LinPlug.

Flipper.

HobbyCore wrote:If it were on mac, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
It is impressive. I think the price is lower as well. Much lower.

Samplitude 10 Pro = £786 or 999 Euros

This version which appears to be the full V10 pro is £295 = 375 Euros.

Unless there is a catch somewhere, that is some drop in price considering the limitations (no track or plugin limitation I can see) are minimal IMO.

I think most potential buyers could probably not miss any of the limitations apart from maybe a printed manual, but I doubt even that is a big deal as I think a PDF manual is available.

I think it's a major move by Magix. Samplitude seemed too pricey but that looks like it's maybe about to change.
original flipper wrote:HI

It's unfortunate that as one company drops using a dongle another takes it up: LinPlug.

Flipper.
Maybe Linplug are being hit too hard by piracy. :shrug: It looks like dongle for hosts though might be a thing of the past before long.

Logic and now Samplitude all in less than a year. I wonder how long the dongled version will remain considering the price difference is so high compared to the DLV of Samp. Interesting times.

$549 for a host with limitations...............Hmmm good luck with that. They should drop more than the Dongle. :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:$549 for a host with limitations...............Hmmm good luck with that. They should drop more than the Dongle. :roll:
AFAICS, None of it's core features have been limited or removed, just some of the 'extras' :shrug:

Teksonik wrote:$549 for a host with limitations...............Hmmm good luck with that. They should drop more than the Dongle. :roll:
Limitations?

It just looks like a bunch of 'content' isn't included That's fine by me because It's completely useless. Installing logic I made sure to not install the 'content' and deleted most of it that made it on.

I think it'd be well worth it, samplitude is an absolutely excellent product.... but I just absolutely hate windows. :x :x

From the News Release page here at KVR:

"Magix has announced the availability of a download version of Samplitude 10 which is a limited version of Samplitude"

Doesn't matter what the limitations are.................so the content is worth another 650 Euros (1012.00 US Dollars) ???? Riiiiight. Good luck with that.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:From the News Release page here at KVR:

"Magix has announced the availability of a download version of Samplitude 10 which is a limited version of Samplitude"

Doesn't matter what the limitations are.................so the content is worth another 650 Euros (1012.00 US Dollars) ???? Riiiiight. Good luck with that.
I think the better point is that the boxed version is over-priced, not that the download is improperly priced.

$500 for a host that is as full-featured, stable and well-supported as samplitude is an excellent price. It's at least on par with logic and surpasses it in many areas (particularly support and stability), and logic is also $499.

Just wondering if I'm getting it right:

This download version is SAM 10 (former "Classic") .... not SAM 10 Pro; right?
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Just to clarify this is NOT Samplitude Pro . It's based on Samplitude 10 (formerly known as Samplitude Classic) which is limted to to 64 stereo/mono tracks with 8 plug ins per insert and 8 VSTi's per project . Also it's limited to 8 submix and 6 auxbusses .However it allows sample rates up to 384khz and 32 bit float including rendering at 16/24/32bit and is is octo-core optimized (Unlike Samplitude Music Studio) It also includes the full version of Variverb and the Vinage FX Suite but lacks Ammunition and the Analog Modelling Suite. It also includes the HQ timestretch/pitchshift algo .You can use it for 30 days without a serial and theres no intrusive cp . For anyone wanting to get a taste of Samplitude it seems like a good deal to me .

Regards
Kraznet

PS It also includes the Audio Quantize engine , sidechaining plus full track and object automation .

Kraznet wrote:Just to clarify this is NOT Samplitude Pro . It's based on Samplitude 10 classic which is limted to to 64 stereo/mono tracks with 8 plug ins per insert and 8 VSTi's per project . Also it's limited to 8 submix and 6 auxbusses .However it allows sample rates up to 384khz and 32 bit float including rendering at 16/24/32bit and is is octo-core optimized (Unlike Samplitude Music Studio) It also includes the full version of Variverb but lacks Ammunition and the AM Track suite. It also includes the HQ timestretch/pitchshift algo .You can use it for 30 days without a serial and theres no intrusive cp . For anyone wanting to get a taste of Samplitude it seems like a good deal to me .

Regards
Kraznet
Ok...so that is the catch... :hihi:

It's a good first step by Magix but for 64 tracks it's a bit pricey. Having said that the octocore optimization, full version of Variverb, 8 inserts is not bad. Not bad at all. Had they removed the track / bus limitation it would have been much more appealing but a nice crossgrade price might be of interest...I could do with a heavyweight Editor and I prefer samp to other Editors out there.

A bit pricey still IMO, but a good first step from Magix. :wink:

Kraznet wrote:Just to clarify this is NOT Samplitude Pro . It's based on Samplitude 10 (formerly known as Samplitude Classic) which is limted to to 64 stereo/mono tracks with 8 plug ins per insert and 8 VSTi's per project . Also it's limited to 8 submix and 6 auxbusses .However it allows sample rates up to 384khz and 32 bit float including rendering at 16/24/32bit and is is octo-core optimized (Unlike Samplitude Music Studio) It also includes the full version of Variverb and the Vinage FX Suite but lacks Ammunition and the Analog Modelling Suite. It also includes the HQ timestretch/pitchshift algo .You can use it for 30 days without a serial and theres no intrusive cp . For anyone wanting to get a taste of Samplitude it seems like a good deal to me .

Regards
Kraznet

PS It also includes the Audio Quantize engine , sidechaining plus full track and object automation .
I take back my comments earlier in the thread....

That's not at all worth the asking price.

Magix had a chance to do something really great, and they managed to screw it up. Oh well, not on mac so it's irrelevant to me (which makes me wonder why I keep commenting :lol: )

Logic Studio 8 and even Logic Express 8 is without doubt the best deal of any DAW but I guess Apple can afford to make such a big price drop .

completely unbiased? wrote:my favorite host 'blank' is without a doubt the best deal of any DAW
my sig will go here

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”