Bitwig (!/?)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking at their site, it's changed somewhat...but then I clicked on the "team" link and found that their staff has doubled, from 4 to 8, with the newer members taking on web development, PR relations, sound content, etc.
I'll wager they'll drop it on us soonish. It'll be interesting...I'm in, as long as there's a demo there's a way!
Bronto, that's a great Next Generation pic there...do you know if that's Photoshopped or did they really facepalm together? Either way, very cool.

They FP'd together...
Eternitysound VST Banks

They are just waiting for Ableton Live 9 to come out .

todd sweetland wrote:They are just waiting for Ableton Live 9 to come out .
I hope it is soon for both of them.

Or Bitwig have taken over Live 9 :hihi:
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

It could go from Live 8 to Dead 9 :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

:)

Oh, look, I swear it just moved... look!

Merry Xmas to all the Wigs! ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

hmmm...

I call

A Bitwig and Ik Multimedia collaboration and Perhaps something to do with the upcoming ipad 3............. to explain the wait.

DELETED

I'd be interested in a host that really focused on Midi... expressive midi playability... and was fast, stable and efficient. Towards that end I am interested in what Bitwig is doing in case that is it...

^ I do hope there is a focus on MIDI rather than just souped up sample/loop handling. Those things are nice and necessery, but something new with MIDI phrase handling would be very cool. Can't imagine the Bitwig team, being new kids on the block, would just pump out a now standard DAW

From the look of the chopped up screen shot it looks like a modern take on the standard DAW but what I am curious about is the apparent modular aspect which you can sort of see.

The sound example they posted also sounds about as standard and dull as my Grandmas last bowel movement.
miedex

I don't know about you guys but I'm not waiting around for yet another DAW to "start" and be missing a bunch of stuff and then hope that when I'm in my 80's or 90's it might start maturing into something worthwhile :P

How bout this though.......a loop mangler like live with melodyne ARA that works as a plug in inside your current daw.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”