cubase 5 reverence cpu spikes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ozmoz2008 wrote: I'm still affraid of using C5 in my every day work...I don't want to f**k up my clients... :hihi: :hihi: .....ummmm...Common Steinberg....wake-up call here!
ozmoz,
If we're having the same problem (looks like it) there's no reason to be afraid imho, the tool works fine and C5 is perfectly stable otherwise and a joy to work with here.
Some little annoyances here and there, ok, but no showstoppers in sight atm.
Good luck to you, too,
Cheers,
susiwong

The only thing imho that stinks is the fact that users have to find cause and solution for this crap and still no word from Steinberg.

susiwong wrote:ozmoz,
If we're having the same problem (looks like it) there's no reason to be afraid imho, the tool works fine and C5 is perfectly stable otherwise and a joy to work with here.
Some little annoyances here and there, ok, but no showstoppers in sight atm.
Good luck to you, too,
Cheers,
susiwong

The only thing imho that stinks is the fact that users have to find cause and solution for this crap and still no word from Steinberg.
Have you seen other weird stuff like blank GUI's because it's unable to load patch...for exemple I've seen this with Omnisphere when I didn't resave my multipatch....in fact the way around the problem was to resave twice the patch with 2names in case one was corrupted.

Have you work with C5 in 64bit?...I would really like to use my other 4gigs of RAM...I'm also affraid of using C5 in 64bit....

It's hard to make the switch for me when there is little bugs like this. So when you uncheck the realtime export....does it react as if it was doing it realtime...it looks like that, and if it is...then I shouldn't worry about all the UAD card processing etc etc...

I've wrote emails to Steinberg and UAD ...only UAD replied twice saying they are working on this...that's good news ;)My main DAW is on XP64 just like you...
XP64 os on C5(32bit and 64bit)

Shit. Well, here's looking forward to Cubase 6... :? :scared:

bduffy wrote:Shit. Well, here's looking forward to Cubase 6... :? :scared:
...probably just 5.1....will do the trick :hihi: ...I hope :shrug:

ozmoz2008 wrote:Have you seen other weird stuff like blank GUI's because it's unable to load patch...for exemple I've seen this with Omnisphere when I didn't resave my multipatch....in fact the way around the problem was to resave twice the patch with 2names in case one was corrupted.

Have you work with C5 in 64bit?...I would really like to use my other 4gigs of RAM...I'm also affraid of using C5 in 64bit....

It's hard to make the switch for me when there is little bugs like this. So when you uncheck the realtime export....does it react as if it was doing it realtime...it looks like that, and if it is...then I shouldn't worry about all the UAD card processing etc etc...

I've wrote emails to Steinberg and UAD ...only UAD replied twice saying they are working on this...that's good news ;)My main DAW is on XP64 just like you...
No, I've been lucky, it seems. All my plugs save correctly, no blank GUIs, nothing as severe as this.
I only have Atmosphere which appears to work.

Non realtime export works fine here with all my cards, though it always makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, been using realtime export exclusively for 10+ years.
More of a psycho issue probably. :roll:

C5/64 is no go for me atm, it's installed for some beta testing but I wouldn't dream of using it for serious work. The BitBridge is at least as flakey as the solutions of the competitors. :shrug:

Cheers,
susiwong

Asus P5K-E Wifi AP, Q9450 @ 3.2, Thermalright XP120/Papst, 4GB OCZ, 7600GS, HDSPe Digiface, 2 UAD-1 PCI, UAD-2 Quad, Duende PCIe, Antec P-182, Seasonic S500, XP64, C5

god, computers suck ass!

It's really not acceptable that we have SOOOOOO many problems.......(relax.....take a deep breath........:phew:)

so glad i didnt drink the koolaid

susiwong wrote:Non realtime export works fine here with all my cards, though it always makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, been using realtime export exclusively for 10+ years.
More of a psycho issue probably. :roll:

C5/64 is no go for me atm, it's installed for some beta testing but I wouldn't dream of using it for serious work. The BitBridge is at least as flakey as the solutions of the competitors. :shrug:

Cheers,
susiwong

Asus P5K-E Wifi AP, Q9450 @ 3.2, Thermalright XP120/Papst, 4GB OCZ, 7600GS, HDSPe Digiface, 2 UAD-1 PCI, UAD-2 Quad, Duende PCIe, Antec P-182, Seasonic S500, XP64, C5
Thanx for your input...I should let go my "non realtime" anxiety then :hihi:

I've tried it one time on a little project without no apparent problems...but just like you said...it's a psyco thing :wink:

Me too I have C5 64 bit installed....did some testing but was able to crash it too often...so it's also a no go for now for me...I was also able to do some successful test...but it's when you put in too many 32bit apps, that the mess start...

hibidy wrote:god, computers suck ass!

It's really not acceptable that we have SOOOOOO many problems.......(relax.....take a deep breath........:phew:)
And ...
does it work ?

Btw, computers are a great way of solving problems we wouldn't have without them.
The only tool that's more effective is a Image

Lol,
susiwong

Can I steal this quote please? :)

Computers are a great way of solving problems we wouldn't have without them.

memyselfandus wrote:Can I steal this quote please? :)

Computers are a great way of solving problems we wouldn't have without them.
Go ahead, I stole it myself somewhere. :shrug:
Cheers,
susiwong

life was actually better way before all these gadgets. Sure, there were toasters and dishwashers, even microwaves. But the REAL evil started with "vhs/beta" hifi and camcorders......oh sure.......now we have to have "gadgets". Then came the cd player.......ruined music for eternity :shrug:

Then computers........the the INTERNET :x :tantrum:

Oh, I guess that is how I'm communicating :oops:

hibidy wrote:But the REAL evil started with "vhs/beta" hifi and camcorders
I'm glad that technology went out before I wasted time figure out how to set the clock on it, let alone program the fraking thing.

grymmjack wrote:so glad i didnt drink the koolaid
Which? The Kubase Koolaid? :P

I should be clear: I pretty much have to take peoples' word for it that Cubase 5 doesn't take full advantage of multi-core processors. It's disappointing to hear, but then again, I just wrote a track with 12 instances of Zebra with Kontakt and EZDrummer....seems OK to me!

While I know there's a difference in Mac- vs PC-Cubase, I'm pretty thrilled with Cubase 4/5's performance. Got more than enough juice for what I need. And the thought of what I'd have to give up if I ever jumped ship....*shudder*...very happy with KoolAid, er, I mean Cubase 5! 8)

Now, I want to make sure I qualify a couple of things.

a. since going cubase almost 2 years ago, I've gotten so much more done! Sure, I'm too chicken to share anything and probably don't mix super great, but I've actually got stuff working in cubase!

b. To add, overall, the performance on this PC vs itself and "others" on mac, is really very good overall

c. Two years? TWO years! Really?.......anyways.....

d. A reverence stumble does not a poor DAW/host go! Though 4 was good and maybe a dunce like me should have stayed there, 5 seems to be quite stable so far.

So there you go, reverence is an issue (no I have not tried the fix quite yet) and most other stuff is simply tweaking and plotting...I am still going to use variverb as my main verb anyways...:wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”