Ableton Live + Spectrasonics Stylus RMX multitimbral problem

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

i'm having problems getting my Stylus RMX to function multitimbrally in Ableton Live.

The Stylus RMX has 8 'slots' where I can select loops. I have selected a 4x4 KICK in slot 1, and a HIHAT in slot 2. I have a MIDI part for each loop (kick, hihat) dragged from the Stylus. Some notes overlap, this is ok because the KICK part should only be sent to Channel 1 in the Stylus, and the HIHAT part should only be sent to Channel 2.

However, MIDI sent to Channels 2-15 is doing nothing. And MIDI sent to Channel 1 is triggering ALL 'slots'. So if I play the KICK part, I hear a 4x4 KICK and a 4x4 HIHAT....

What's going on?? Am I forgetting to set something?

Hi

I have the same problem as you.It appears with all Vsti that have multiple outputs.If someone has an idea...It would help us.Thanks

Are you routing the audio out from the MIDI to separate channels in Live?

hi sorry for my late answer

No i dont route audio out, audio outs are all routed to the master channel in Live.

If you create an audio track, select audio from the RMX MIDI channel then there's a dropdown box below the audio from (forget the exact layout) - see if you get the option to select from the 8 outputs from RMX in that box.

Or something like that.

With ur technique i can route midi channels from RMX to different outputs in live.It works great.

But For VSTis with multi midi channel such as Omnisphere , i have for example

patch 1 in midi channel 1
patch 2 in midi channel 2

When I change the midi channel on my midi controller keyboard to select for example midi channel 2 in Omnisphere, it is the patch 1 from channel 1 that sounds. With my former DAW Tracktion the midi channel selection worked perfectly without routing the midi channels to differnet audio outputs.

I ll try to route midi in omnisphere as you told me to do with RMX and I'll tell you if it solves my issue.
With instruments VSTI, I am used to change sound within the same midi track by switching midi channel, so i hope i ll be able to do that in Live as I did it in Tracktion.

I 'll tell you the results , Thanks a lot

For those of you, all these years later,who have possibly just come across this issue or had given up hope of ever solving it still....here is the answer ;

* All Ableton set up instructions you've seen and followed are correct,the issue is with how you load the Multis and the path you must take to select them

1. Go to mixer in Stylus
2. Select "Kit"
3.Go back and select " Multis"
4. * To select Multi set click on diskette icon beside up/down arrows,select Multi Open and then select the Major MultiSet folder you would like to open, then select specific Multis to load.
5. Drag and drop each separate loop that makes up the Multi into the seperate Ableton slots/tracks.

No, I haven't been hidden away for the past 7 years trying to figure this out...just off and on forthe past couple of months...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”