Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LlukaX wrote:
ebow wrote:
LlukaX wrote:
ebow wrote:
LlukaX wrote:I've been waiting forever for this idea to come about. :)
must suck that you wasted the opportunity waiting for someone else to get rich from it :oops:
I actually didn't wait. I have a half finished sequencer (made by me). I wasn't fortunate enough to have the opportunity. :)

I'm not bitter about it though. I'm actually quite excited about this.
wow, colour me impressed....maybe you should keep going...you never know , it might work out better
I will probably continue later on. I want to wait it out and see how it goes with Ohmforce. My sequencer is also made for OSC. So that external devices with wifi can communicate with it. It was all sort of a pipe dream.:) Sort of a better way for musicians to be recognized.

I only started this project because I thought it would never happen. I'm glad its finally becoming a reality.
wow, i didn't see the pic before...looks great...meat gui...love the counter/transport in the corner...it would be a shame to see it aborted...mind you, as a mac , i doubt i'd ever get to use it :(

ebow wrote:
LlukaX wrote:
ebow wrote:
LlukaX wrote:
ebow wrote:
must suck that you wasted the opportunity waiting for someone else to get rich from it :oops:
I actually didn't wait. I have a half finished sequencer (made by me). I wasn't fortunate enough to have the opportunity. :)

I'm not bitter about it though. I'm actually quite excited about this.
wow, colour me impressed....maybe you should keep going...you never know , it might work out better
I will probably continue later on. I want to wait it out and see how it goes with Ohmforce. My sequencer is also made for OSC. So that external devices with wifi can communicate with it. It was all sort of a pipe dream.:) Sort of a better way for musicians to be recognized.

I only started this project because I thought it would never happen. I'm glad its finally becoming a reality.
wow, i didn't see the pic before...looks great...meat gui...love the counter/transport in the corner...it would be a shame to see it aborted...mind you, as a mac , i doubt i'd ever get to use it :(
Edit: Mac was planned, but I think this is sort of topic though. You can PM if you want. :)
Last edited by LlukaX on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Everyone has to own the same plugins in order to hear playback of those plugins or no? This looks very interesting..

ebow wrote:
pandashake wrote:. If I'm in, who's making tunes with me?
maybe a kvr collab between all of us who make the grade
that might be the first sensible thing you've ever said :hihi:

Would be awesome fun for things like the music cafe on here, mess around for a couple of hours and contribute what you can. Cloud music.

I can see a cut down free version down the line paid for by advertisements, a la twatbook. Bagsy that idea!

Hunter wrote:
ebow wrote:
pandashake wrote:. If I'm in, who's making tunes with me?
maybe a kvr collab between all of us who make the grade
that might be the first sensible thing you've ever said :hihi:

oh no you didn't !!! :o :-o :shock:

:D :D

ebow wrote:
Haven't ever tried it but isn't Collab from image-line based on the exactly same idea. Seems like it's not working anymore, but I think it was released atleast 5 years ago, so maybe not that new idea afterall.

I think the most powerful aspect is the community. Being able to search for like-minded/genred/whatever people should be pretty powerful.

Yeah, you can make a post and ask, but people might miss it, might not want to wait 6 years to download your mighty opus from RapidShare, etc, etc.

But with this, your work can already be there for them to hear, you can do the looking and asking of people yourself w/ out having to wait or make a thread, etc.
Meh.

OT:(Maddox?)
..what goes around comes around..

loachm wrote: ...yup, what happend to the wise saying "too many cooks spoil the broth"? BTW - how long is Ableton working on Share up to this point?
Or the other wise saying: "A camel is a horse created by a committee."

Wasn't this online collaboration idea tried a few years ago and went out of business?

Doug B wrote:Wasn't this online collaboration idea tried a few years ago and went out of business?
Remember ResRocket's Rocket Power with Cubase VST?

One of these days someone will get the idea right, maybe Ohm Force are the guys to do it. I'm excited that they are trying something different. But I'm sceptical that it's a whole new host/sequencer app to learn in order to use the service, since I've spent years learning other software already.
Last edited by shamann on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It would be cool if there were two methods of payment for the software:

1. Traditional "pay XYZ dollars and it's yours".
2. Subscription based model.

The subscription based model would be something like "pay 5 dollars a month and you get to use the latest version".

This way people could choose which ever model suits them best. This would also make the test drive enjoyable and risk free, because you would only subscribe for one month and try the full software for little money.

Red_Force wrote:
spaceman wrote:It's a nice idea, I'm sure some will use it well, but I don't think there's a big enough market for it to generate enough money. The whole bloody world is full of 'social' and 'network' but you'd be surprised how little people actually want to interact real-time.
Real time does matter in the sense of 'quality requirement' for the collaborative features but we don't expect it to be the typical use case. What we expect to see is what you see in the video when the guy wakes up and check what's new on the project(s) he's on. The big thing here is that there's no action required from anyone to have everyone on the same page. We think little people wants to collaborate because juste having to manage file, then wait for someone ready to manage them too turns it into a little population being motivated. Our goal is to cut down everything that isn't fun from the process.

Ah, and to be accurate : "real time" here doens't stand for "real time jamming together", but "real time" collaborative edition of the project.
I'm kinda with spaceman on the whole issue but (and it's a big but):

it's damn perfect for one of my needs (well, if the sequencer's half good, that is, and I kinda dig Ohmforce so I guess it's gonna be alright) and that is collaboration among band members. f.i., we're doing a TV show each week and need to prepare demos for the guest singers. we usually record a few things during rehearsals, (if there are any) and embellish the rough takes later. Right now we're using dropbox and dedicated servers + emails for sending mp3 files which is a chore. If we all had Ohmstudios (and no doubt we will) it would speed up our work and make it much easier.

Because right now I'm on Cubase, drummer's on Tracktion (that has weird export function, we never seem to sync perfectly), keyboard player's on Logic...

Great job, Ohmies.

For social use and all that, well...I don't have time for it and probably won't use that. But that's probably, even that might come handy sometimes.

k

Doug B wrote: Wasn't this online collaboration idea tried a few years ago and went out of business?
People keep taking shots at it
I've found that just connecting with people on soundcloud is productive enough

I'm in no big hurry...and there's always the 'do you have this plug-in' situation happening.
TONEDEAD Love Sharts

shamann wrote:
Doug B wrote:Wasn't this online collaboration idea tried a few years ago and went out of business?
Remember ResRocket's Rocket Power with Cubase VST?
Thanks-that's the one that I was thinking of.

One of these days someone will get the idea right, maybe Ohm Force are the guys to do it. I'm excited that they are trying something different. But I'm sceptical that it's a whole new host/sequencer app to learn in order to use the service, since I've spent years learning other software already.
Agreed, good idea if they can pull it off.

I'm gonna buy a monacle and grow a handlebar mustache. Then Ohm HAS to accept me for the beta!
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA

More equipment than skill...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”