Ohm Force Sequencer - Ohmstudio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just filled in the beta form,lets see what happens

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
himalaya wrote:The production/engineering collaboration aspect is genius. This will surely help a lot of beginners to get their tracks sounding top dollar.
A future version of KVR will have a Big Red Button "HELP ME MAKE MY MIX SOUND LIKE THE DEAD MOUSE" in every thread :D

Peace,
Andy.
or in other words:
this is the death of one idea, killed by many other ideas. sometimes freedom isn't the real thing.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

looks very cool, love the promo.
leave it to the ohmies to think outside the box.

brok landers wrote:or in other words:
this is the death of one idea, killed by many other ideas. sometimes freedom isn't the real thing.
...yup, what happend to the wise saying "too many cooks spoil the broth"? BTW - how long is Ableton working on Share up to this point?

loachm wrote:
brok landers wrote:or in other words:
...yup, what happend to the wise saying "too many cooks spoil the broth"? BTW - how long is Ableton working on Share up to this point?
Share got trashcanned. Too many problems they couldn't solve in a satisfactory way IIRC.

Big WOW!! The promo animation is 'tres chic' and a huge thumbs up for the idea. I hope it works as collabs in real time will definitely broaden some horizons... The possibilities are endless if people open up to inspiration and different ideas coming from somewhere else other than the inside if their heads. I'm in...

AMAZING! :clap:

Really innovative!

Price will be important. Because who on earth would want to pay DAW prices for yet an other (most likely limited) DAW just to be able to collaborate online?
I'd want to work in my own DAW, not some new one.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

shit this look pretty amazing. The only thing i wonder about is, how they handle the big server traffic. But nevertheless great idea and seems also pretty easy and good production environment.

Interesting idea and concept. I like always liked the Ohm Force's style.

I wonder how plugin hosting will be handled. It's got a modular setup and apparently anyone working on the session can adjust the routing, but can anyone tweak the plugins, or only the person who "placed" them. I imagine that the Ohm plugs shown in the preview can be used by anyone if they are included in OhmStudio itself, but the video also shows a vst wrapper with Crunchessor in it. Maybe audio sent by the server to the local machine of the user with the fx chain for processing and then back to the server and back to all the users in the session. But if synths and effects are scattered among all the different users?

I'll definitely keep an ear open for news on this one. It looks like fun.

Madness. I like it :D

I actually don't care about this communication stuff. I need tech specifications.

spaceman wrote:Price will be important. Because who on earth would want to pay DAW prices for yet an other (most likely limited) DAW just to be able to collaborate online?
I'd want to work in my own DAW, not some new one.
+1

OhmForce... color me disappointed.

I may attract the wrong people (or am wrong myself) but any online collaboration I've ever done has always been a laborious task. Not because it's hard to share files (it's easy, especially with sites like Soundcloud, which is why Soundcloud was build in the first place), not because you have compatibility problems (you all use what you have, bounce what people don't have, share midi where needed).. but because most of the time the other people are in a completely different timezone, didn't feel like making music when you did, were too stoned to make anything useful (ok, that was me) or the cat had just shat under the table and the wife wanted you to drive her to the shops.

It's a nice idea, I'm sure some will use it well, but I don't think there's a big enough market for it to generate enough money. The whole bloody world is full of 'social' and 'network' but you'd be surprised how little people actually want to interact real-time.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”