Cubase CC data in MIDI part --> VSTi automation parameter?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

You can right-click on any parameter knob of a VST Instruments GUI, i.e. Omnisphere's Filter Cutoff knob, then select Enable Host Automation from the drop down menu that appear when you right-click the parameter knob.

That knob's name will now appear in the VST Controller list of the VST instrument track.

Then you just .... Have fun Automating :)

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

You can right-click on any parameter knob of a VST Instruments GUI, i.e. Omnisphere's Filter Cutoff knob, then select Enable Host Automation from the drop down menu that appear when you right-click the parameter knob.
That behavior is not universal, nor does it support MIDI automation.

EDIT: And just to show how consistent the borgs are, some of the new stuff (Retrologue, Padshop) have CC learn, yet some (plug packs) don't. Most of their old synths don't and have no direct way to control via MIDI other than quick controls or fiddly work arounds. A lot of 3rd party VSTi don't have mapping capability either.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:That behavior is not universal, nor does it support MIDI automation...
Right. And even some newer plugins like Volumeshaper3 don't have any CC automation; I needed to automate the mix parameter with a CC stream from another track and the only way I could do it was to use a subhost to externalize the parameter.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”