Rumors discussion: Cubase 6 at NAMM is on the road next year?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear fellows,

found this here

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co ... nuary.html

Perhaps a nice discussion for kvr here, as well. :D

We need more rumors before Christmas. :hihi:
#PassionForHappiness

From this thread:

"I've done a good share of work in Cubase and Logic, Cubase still feels "amateur" to me."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A real Pro!.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#PassionForHappiness

Funny how that announcement now says Cubase 5. Typo perhaps ? Cubase 6 is coming for sure but i would not take that as an indication of when.

So what do we expect from C6 ?

I'd love to see a major overhaul regarding workflow and handling ...Sonar and S1 show the way to go!

I'm sticking with my Cubase 5.1.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it... :P :P
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

It was mentioned on the Cubase forum that there will be no Sonar X1-like UI overhaul in Cubase 6 (no announcement date was even hinted at), so it's all features and add-ons I guess.

I think multi-track audio quantize is a given for Cubase 6, though that wouldn't get me to upgrade, since I don't need it currently.

Instrument Tracks for multi-out synths? Is that reason enough to upgrade?

A Live-like Session View could get me to upgrade.

Clip grouping like PT's Regions/Region List?

Everything else I can think of would be UI-related, like a dockable short mixer a la Studio One, a browser like Live's....maybe I just need to get the full version of Live.

Alfalfa wrote:It was mentioned on the Cubase forum that there will be no Sonar X1-like UI overhaul in Cubase 6 (no announcement date was even hinted at), so it's all features and add-ons I guess.

I think multi-track audio quantize is a given for Cubase 6, though that wouldn't get me to upgrade, since I don't need it currently.

Instrument Tracks for multi-out synths? Is that reason enough to upgrade?

A Live-like Session View could get me to upgrade.

Clip grouping like PT's Regions/Region List?

Everything else I can think of would be UI-related, like a dockable short mixer a la Studio One, a browser like Live's....maybe I just need to get the full version of Live.
Yeah, 5.5 did not look like there's going to be a major overhaul UI-wise. In fact, feedback from many users suggests that 5.5. in that sense is a step back from 5.1.

I would prefer if it was about Studio One, OhmStudio, or even the Bitwig project.

there is one feature that would get me to look at the rest, x64 support for OSX.6.

It's around 2 months now since I wrote a support ticket if there will be a version 5.5 update for Cubase Essential :roll:

I like Cubase but I would never put more money into it, no matter how good any version 6 might be, there will be nothing in it that most customers would ask for. I even like those not docked windows but I also see how other hosts are really improving in work-flow time after time, plus I see a lot of small hosts really do have a listen to what customers say.

Look out for the new Steinberg. New forum coming Wednesday...

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopi ... f04de76f0e

Let's keep it positive and hope this change is more than on the surface. As to Cubase 6... I fully expect it to have something really shiny that will cause long threads, lots of update buying, general "Ooohs...", and the predictable hating and everything else but I'm generally off of the update wagon myself.

jancivil wrote:there is one feature that would get me to look at the rest, x64 support for OSX.6.
That's 100% confirmed already, not a rumor.

It would be nice to have the Window handling of the Mac version in Windows and the better performance currently in Windows over on the Mac side of things for some parity. It is still my main host on both platforms, but I don't recall any cross-platform product being quite like this as far as having these differences. The window handling can be almost had with some workarounds but still not quite there on Windows IMO

I'd be glad if they just brought back saving fxp/fxb function

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”