Rumors discussion: Cubase 6 at NAMM is on the road next year?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1-2-Many wrote:I'd be glad if they just brought back saving fxp/fxb function
+1

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
1-2-Many wrote:I'd be glad if they just brought back saving fxp/fxb function
+1
+2

And I'd like to see the ability to apply realtime FX on clips, like Reaper or Samplitude.

What's New In Cubase 6:

- fxp/fxb saving.

- Magneto.

"Enhanced Shiny 2.0" :hihi:

I think C6 will be cool. As it stands (imo) Cubase is arguably the strongest "conventional" host out there (subjectively) underneath. It just needs to move it's UI and methods up from 1999 to maybe 2006 or so.

Tell you what though, Studio One's UI over Cubase's features would be a monster... especially if you tacked on Reaper's price and lack of copy protection. :lol:

LawrenceF wrote: Tell you what though, Studio One's UI over Cubase's features would be a monster... especially if you tacked on Reaper's price and lack of copy protection. :lol:
That's Cubase 6 right there :hihi:

Seriously though, I thought they said a new window handling scheme wouldn't come in C6.

Prove me wrong Steiny please :hihi:
In process of making music that reeks of turd

standalone wrote:What's New In Cubase 6:

- fxp/fxb saving.

- Magneto.
:lol: Now that's funny.

./-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

LawrenceF wrote:"Enhanced Shiny 2.0" :hihi:

I think C6 will be cool. As it stands (imo) Cubase is arguably the strongest "conventional" host out there (subjectively) underneath. It just needs to move it's UI and methods up from 1999 to maybe 2006 or so.

Tell you what though, Studio One's UI over Cubase's features would be a monster... especially if you tacked on Reaper's price and lack of copy protection. :lol:
Yep, it's a Swiss Army knife, and looks like it.

seems my thread was good to have fun before Christmas. :D
#PassionForHappiness

LawrenceF wrote:"Enhanced Shiny 2.0" :hihi:

+1

Hope this will be true and Steinberg will design a new 1-window interface for C6. I don't like this multi-document interface from Cubase.

LawrenceF wrote:Look out for the new Steinberg. New forum coming Wednesday...

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopi ... f04de76f0e

Let's keep it positive and hope this change is more than on the surface. As to Cubase 6... I fully expect it to have something really shiny that will cause long threads, lots of update buying, general "Ooohs...", and the predictable hating and everything else but I'm generally off of the update wagon myself.
Looks like they are preparing the way for Product consolidation. One of these three might get dropped from their product line...Sequel, Cubase or Nuendo. Cubase seems unlikely though as it appears to be the strongest of the three brands. But the other two? Hmmmm.

I think PT9 complicates things for Steinberg particularly for Nuendo but at it's current price PT9 also puts pressure on the Cubase product line as its much more competitive now. Not sure how well Sequel has been selling so I think the Forum changes are a reflection of bigger changes to come. Might not be at NAMM 2011 but within 12 - 18 months possibly. Speculation of course but lets see. :wink:

AVID IMO have further demonstrated that you do not need VST support of any kind to succeed in the host market, by totally ignoring the VST format in PT9 (just like Propellerheads) indeed AVID are now probably Steinbergs biggest concern as they carry a payload that no other host has...RTAS.

Sonar will always be the old rival and possibly closest rival but...AVID have their own Plugin format with huge support (several hundred RTAS plugins exist)already and is a serious rival to VST. There is plenty to be concerned about here for Steinberg IMO.

More than enough of a reason to re think and re position their product offerings. If PT9 were to consistently gather momentum as time goes on RTAS support could continue to grow as well shifting VST from it's dominant position maybe this has already happened. That is most definitely a concern for Steinberg. The real end game scenario for Steinberg and VST could be if AVID open up RTAS for other hosts to support. It could be an interesting year or two from now. :hihi:

In any case with PT9, VST is not in as strong a position as it once was..neither are Steinberg IMO. :wink:

- fxp/fxb saving.

- Magneto.

BAHAHAHHA...
funny! :lol:

And I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped Cubase on the Mac, as they are getting absolutely slaughtered by Logic right now in terms of performance, features, UI, quality etc. Theres no point in trying to compete with Logic, especially since Logic doesn't include that annoying dongle that uses up that precious USB slot on a laptop.

ironic when owners of logic lack it as well...

- fxp/fxb saving.

- Magneto.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”