Rumors discussion: Cubase 6 at NAMM is on the road next year?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Where did you read that Mcdsp will release for VST ?

RawTech wrote:Where did you read that Mcdsp will release for VST ?
I may have said too much...

ttoz wrote:
Alfalfa wrote:
ttoz wrote:another birdie says it will copy logic's hybrid engine, and i am sure it has been officially stated that Cubase 6 on mac will be true 64 bit, so i don't think the mac version is going anywhere.
Sorry to show my ignorance, but what is Logic's hybrid engine?
logic uses an internal buffer always selectable between 512, 1024, and 2048 samples for MIXING.

it only uses your audio buffer setting (say in this case 64 samples) on the tracks you are recording to, or when you select an instrument track to play midi.

This is how it avoids spikes and dropouts, which cubase can not,even on windows, when using high cpu plugins, such as linear phase stuff with large latency.. proved even by daw builders themselves using the very best systems and hardware.
Sadly, I do not see such a feature discussed anywhere in the Cubase 6 documentation.

This is what i found...

Error. Not Found. Item does not exist. May have been deleted. :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Uncle E wrote:
burbank wrote:And I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped Cubase on the Mac, as they are getting absolutely slaughtered by Logic right now in terms of performance, features, UI, quality etc. Theres no point in trying to compete with Logic, especially since Logic doesn't include that annoying dongle that uses up that precious USB slot on a laptop.
Users would scream. It's probably important for them to keep a presence on Mac, too, simply from a marketing standpoint.
Cubase 6
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cu ... tures.html

X64 support for Mac

The native Cubase 64-bit support under Mac OS X 10.6 64-bit increases the addressable amount of RAM from 2 gigabytes to an astonishing 1 terabyte. In plain words, the bigger your memory, the more tracks, plug-ins and samples you can use in Cubase. This also means you can easily use all the compatible libraries available on the market today. That's what 64-bit support is all about.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”