Rumors discussion: Cubase 6 at NAMM is on the road next year?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

geroyannis wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:
1-2-Many wrote:I'd be glad if they just brought back saving fxp/fxb function
+1
+2
+33⅓
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

4damind wrote:Hope this will be true and Steinberg will design a new 1-window interface for C6. I don't like this multi-document interface from Cubase.
+1trillion ... however, according to the steinberg forum admins this will never be implemented as it is a strategic choice on behalf of the development team...
also, no matter how revolutionary (for Cubase) the instrument track was, Cubase really needs a one-click way to render MIDI to audio. the current freeze function is pure shite as it renders the audio completely un-editable.

Would be awesome to have a one-click-render in Cubase or at least make the freezed audio not that static as it is now. I can't think of that its that hard to be still able to copy or move a freezed event, as it is audio and there in the background. It's not the exact length but Cubase does know when and how to play it properly and you just would have to apply the same settings to a different point at the time-line.

FXP / FXB is also a must have. The *.vstpreset is nice in some way, but also a lot slower from the loading times. It's also a reason why I won't buy FireBird+, since Cubase will always save a whole bank for each *.vstpreset you save :?

That said, the best option still for an essential user as me, is to save my money and get a new host, rather than pay for another update or upgrade :roll:

I can even imagine that with the version I own, I won't be able to look in threads for Studio and Full anymore :hihi:

burbank wrote:And I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped Cubase on the Mac, as they are getting absolutely slaughtered by Logic right now in terms of performance, features, UI, quality etc. Theres no point in trying to compete with Logic, especially since Logic doesn't include that annoying dongle that uses up that precious USB slot on a laptop.
I was thinking the same now there is no separate Mac forum.

Could be.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/1 ... technology

"The new Mac App Store is expected to cause some strife for larger software companies, including Adobe and Microsoft, who will have to battle a new wave of app developers that can sell software through the new store, bypassing expensive traditional software distribution."

I hope the borgz NEVER listen to laptop DJs and force a single interface solution. That would absolutely blow chunks. A multi-modal docking interface would be cool as long as I can rip off a window and put it where I want. Wavelab 7 works just fine that way, other than having to go through menus to undock windows. This is the freakin 2010s, haven't they heard of drag&drop yet?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1241#p7440

Posted by Sonicstate:

sonicstate wrote:just got this offer for C6 webinar

LIVE Webinar: Tracking, Comping and Editing Drums and Maximum Note Expression with Cubase 6.
Featured Presenter:
Greg Ondo
Steinberg

This webinar will show attendees how to utilize state-of-the-art transient and tempo detection, advanced audio quantization and drum replacement functions - developed in conjunction with recording professionals and top-notch studio drummers - for perfecting the timing, feel and flavor of live-recorded drum tracks. In addition, attendees will learn how to build the perfect take in a simple and streamlined fashion via a new Lane Track concept for lightning-fast multitake comping. When working with multitrack recordings, the new Track Edit Group(s) ties together related events on multiple tracks, saving valuable time in the studio. To round out this webinar, attendees will be introduced to VST Expression 2 - a revolutionary approach to creating and editing multiple controller values in a single graphical interface directly on the note they belong to. Invaluable for demanding orchestral arrangements as well as cutting-edge electronic music, VST Expression 2 reinvents the composer's editing workflow.

Transient and tempo detection, advanced audio quantization and drum replacement functions
Lane Track concept for lightning-fast multi-take comping
Track Edit Groups when working with multi-track recordings
Creating and editing multiple MIDI controller values, independently, with VST Expression 2
Insane tones for your guitar - VST Amp Rack is a new reference virtual guitar tone suite, featuring seven legendary amp models, sixteen vintage stomp boxes, six classic speaker cabinets and two studio-grade microphone types.
Register today for this FREE online tutorial

About the Mix Tutorial Webinar Series

The Mix Tutorial Webcast Series is a one-of-a-kind, in-depth training program for artists, engineers and producers who want to learn more about specific products and their application in a real-world setting. Hosted by Mix editors and presented by sponsoring manufacturers, the Mix Tutorial Webcast Series goes beyond product introduction to zero in on the insider tips and techniques for technology that is in everyday use in professional audio recording, whether in studio, live or sound-for-picture.

Cubase 6 Give Away

One LIVE webinar attendee will receive SKU# 502012722 , which is a fully-featured version of Cubase 6 with an MSRP value of $599.99.

*No purchase necessary. Webinar registration and live attendance required. This giveaway is void where prohibited by law. The winner will be chosen at random by a member of the Mix editorial staff. Taxes if applicable are the responsibility of the winner. Mix is not liable for anything relating to this giveaway.

Following the presentation, Steinberg's Greg Ondo will conduct a live Q&A session with attendees.

Register now to attend a MIX Tutorial Webcast featuring Cubase 6

About the Presenter:

Greg Ondo has worked for Steinberg for over 18 years and has done over 1,000 seminars on music software technology. During his time at Steinberg he has worked with Electronic Arts, National Public Radio, Teddy Riley, Peter Frampton, Chuck Ainlay and Elliot Scheiner. He was awarded a TEC award for his work as an audio engineer on Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival.

Alfalfa wrote:
sonicstate wrote:just got this offer for C6 webinar

LIVE Webinar: Tracking, Comping and Editing Drums and Maximum Note Expression with Cubase 6.
Haha, I just saw the pre-mature Cubase 6 Webinar announcement (picture of Cubase 6 box and all). Looks like someone just made an announcement spoiler! :dog:

(Their "register here" link now leads to "registration temporarily postponed")

I'm excited to hear more details from NAMM (Jan 13-16, 2011) ... um, that's just me adding to this silly "rumor". :lol:

One of the mods on the Cubase forum just asked us to keep our shirts on and wait for the official announcent at NAMM
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

#PassionForHappiness

another birdie says it will copy logic's hybrid engine, and i am sure it has been officially stated that Cubase 6 on mac will be true 64 bit, so i don't think the mac version is going anywhere.

In a week or so we get the big picture about all this new stuff in C6 when NAMM starts 8)

ttoz wrote:another birdie says it will copy logic's hybrid engine, and i am sure it has been officially stated that Cubase 6 on mac will be true 64 bit, so i don't think the mac version is going anywhere.
Sorry to show my ignorance, but what is Logic's hybrid engine?

4damind wrote:In a week or so we get the big picture about all this new stuff in C6 when NAMM starts 8)
Even if they announce it at Winter NAMM (which was forseeable after the 5.5 release in autumn, they won't do another release - haven't done so in ages), it won't be released until the 2 year cycle is full.

Then again, I'd wait out on the "even" numbers... usually they're the ones that were extra buggy, missing features (that were then implemented in .2 versions) and the likes.

Then again, what do we care?
Nuendo Users will be spoiled with our Cubase beta-testing anyway.

THEN AGAIN... HALion 4 is still missing as well. And I don't think SEQUEL will remain on v2 either.

Every year a new host, welcome to the future (Sonar/Samplitude/ProTools anyone?) - glad that I "finally" switched to C5.x after almost 1,5 years of existance. :roll:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

LawrenceF wrote:
As it stands (imo) Cubase is arguably the strongest "conventional" host out there (subjectively) underneath.
I'd argue with you if I knew what the hell that sentence meant :shock: :D

How are you Lawrence? Hope all is well in the New Year. Been traveling since 1/2/11 through Tokyo-Taipei-Hong Kong and just taking a short break to refresh with a little k-v-r break.

Despite my PT allegiance, I just picked up a used Motif XS so I will be rooting for some nice features in Cubase 6 since it is so much easier to dump the Motif into Cubase. As said earlier or in another thread, just let me move the mixing channels around and I'll be happy(ier)

As to the VST/RTAS points...I think a lot if not most of the plugs I use come with both formats so it might be a non-issue -especially if PT 9 gains ground with the independence of HW.

Dan
Those that can, do. Those that can't, argue about it on k-v-r

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”