What REAPER Theme are you using?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently got back into REAPER and IMO the v4 Reaction theme is the best (though my own customized toolbars and track coloring make it much less cluttered)

Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Z3R0T0N1N wrote:which one is that? it's really nice...
pattonfreak1 wrote:Image
http://stash.reaper.fm/theme/784/Alter%20Ego.zip

spaceman wrote:Why on earth would anyone want to make Reaper look like Cubase? Or better, a half-arsed crummy version of Cubase.

Just get Cubase then for pete's sake.
Thats gotta be the dumbest fuckin reply I've ever heard on here. Why not just use Cubase? Because I want to use REAPER.

:roll:

Its just a fuckin color scheme... relax, man.

pattonfreak1 wrote:
spaceman wrote:Why on earth would anyone want to make Reaper look like Cubase? Or better, a half-arsed crummy version of Cubase.

Thats gotta be the dumbest fuckin reply I've ever heard on here. Why not just use Cubase? Because I want to use REAPER.

Sigh

Some people just have to kvetch about something I guess...

Myself, I'm just loving the Grey Matter for version 4...seems to work for my eyes ...
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Because REAPER = $40. Cubase = $500.

I think the main benefit of that particular Cubase theme (with hindsight, after finding it really easy on the eyes and it being my favorite now) is that the color combinations have been kinda worked out over the years as being... well... pretty good for long term viewing and readability.

It's not so much (imo) that it uses Cubase's icons and things as much as it is just a really clear theme because it borrows from a color pallet landed on through trial and error over some years.

Like someone said earlier, there are some really flashy and great looking Reaper themes that emulate consoles and things but they aren't necessarily something you want to stare at for 5 hours straight.

That theme has really great contrast and similar which is probably why Cubase uses those colors like that in the first place.

It's also a nice unifying option for those (like me) who take projects between the two. I love Cubase for the composition side of things, but Reaper a little better for final mixing and mastering.

Was using one called ReaBase (I think??) but switched to the V4 Reaction theme. That one pattonfreak posted is so nice I'll have to try it out.

pattonfreak1 wrote:

First of all, I think it's you who needs to relax :roll:

2nd. I'm not telling anyone to use Cubase. It's just daft to want to make a host look like an other one. It's not that host and the UI wasn't build for an other host. So all you end up with is a stupid looking interface.

It's no different than buying a Ford Capri and then trying to make it look like a Porsche.

That and the fact that all you silly twats seem to be more interested in what the host looks like than what it actually does :P
Last edited by spaceman on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Jellycrackers wrote:

Because REAPER = $40. Cubase = $500.
Do you go to bed with a picture of a Cubase box in your arms?

Haha

I have to add tho that as a long time Reaper user that has never used Cubase, its a really nice theme in its own right.

Cheers
Jed

Don't listen to me.. just winding people up :P

spaceman wrote:
2nd. I'm not telling anyone to use Cubase.
spaceman wrote:
:idiot:
spaceman wrote:
It's no different than buying a Ford Capri and then trying to make it look like a Porsche.
No. It's like taking a red car and painting it blue... but you'll prolly just tell us to buy a blue car instead.
spaceman wrote:That and the fact that all you silly twats seem to be more interested in what the host looks like than what it actually does :P
Sorry. Just thought we all were sticking to the subject matter... that is until you chimed in and started bashing someones hard work and insulting us all.
feel better about yourself yet?
Last edited by pattonfreak1 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Back on topic, the Alter Ego theme got updated:

spaceman wrote:
pattonfreak1 wrote:

First of all, I think it's you who needs to relax :roll:

2nd. I'm not telling anyone to use Cubase. It's just daft to want to make a host look like an other one. It's not that host and the UI wasn't build for an other host. So all you end up with is a stupid looking interface.

That and the fact that all you silly twats seem to be more interested in what the host looks like than what it actually does :P
mmmmmmm....guess then people should try to buy Ready To Race cars instead of doing their own then...

:roll: :P :lol: :lol:

No one here is making a huge issue over how it looks...just talking about their favorite GUI's is all... 8)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

:P

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”