Ableton Live is completely incompatible with any Automap product since v8.1.3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ABLETON LIVE IS COMPLETELY INCOMPATIBLE WITH ANY AUTOMAP PRODUCT since live 8.1.3

Support have been notified for months and nothing ---

Ableton Live is Great and has easily replaced Cubase for functionality too many good things to mention

But this cr*P is getting me down

I took months of writing to support for them to acknowledge the problem

the gave me the usual run around
Try different version of AUTOMAP
Try a new PC
move house
before they acknowledged a bug

IT TOOK MONTHS of pursuing them.

I feel really peed off that a big company treats people this way

the plugin window has to be open to control the plug

in the video note
how jerky the automation is
i am moving the controller smoothly
and the change in the filter is smooth but what is recorded is jerky

note at the end
i move the configured setting
and see how many more controller events are recorded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRrQszGNf04

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165099

support@ableton.com on Aug 29 2011 wrote: thanks again for your mail on this topic.

The bug has not yet been fixed with Live 8.2.5, where we concentrated on other stuff
they were concentrating on 'other stuff' rather than 'functionality' :)

When i tried the demo i didn't realise that this was happening

what can i do? I have nearly waited a year for a fix?

I've been corresponding with Ableton and Novation about an issue with Launchpad and ReMote 25SL (not the issue in the OP) when using Automap. They both seem to think the problem is with the latest version of Automap Pro (the driver seems to be the issue). I went back to using an earlier version.

May be worth checking out the latest version of Live (8.2.6). :shrug:

cheers bud

I feel so angry that they are not bothering to fix it.

It's been almost a year

Should i downgrade?

the problem is definitely Live in my case

over the months i have tried EVERY version of automap and a lot of versions of live

past 8.1.3 it does not work

it records all jerky

Plus Ableton acknowledged the BUG a few months back

3 updates later no fix

Automap 4 was announced today ...
http://www.kvraudio.com/news.php?id=17300

Looks like they've made some big changes ...
Automap 4 will be a free download for all Novation users and will include the features of Automap 3 PRO. The public beta of Automap 4 will be available soon.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Automap 4 was announced today ...
http://www.kvraudio.com/news.php?id=17300

Looks like they've made some big changes ...
Automap 4 will be a free download for all Novation users and will include the features of Automap 3 PRO. The public beta of Automap 4 will be available soon.

Its a ABLETON LIVE ISSUE and not an AUTOMAP issue

This has been confirmed by Ableton
w1nt3rmut3 on Lives forum wrote:
Post subject: Re: Ableton Live 8.2.2 Automap 3.7b1 (automation is jerky)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks for the update. I can also confirm that Automap 4 does not make the problem any better (not that I expected it to, since the issue seems to be on Ableton's end).
After posting a 1 star review on here about Ableton Live it was removed.

KBKB wrote:
What was removed? I don't get it. Which OS you use?

I don't use automap but i have a friend which have live and novation keyboard. I was very impressed with ease of work and how everything run smoothly. He could even control UAD plugins (which i didn't expect). He never complain about any issues(i specifically asked him). I mean i know that i am not helping i just want to know is this only partly on some systems or everyone are affected?!?? Since i am considering novation and i use Ableton i would like to know more about it.

kmonkey wrote:
KBKB wrote:
What was removed? I don't get it. Which OS you use?

I don't use automap but i have a friend which have live and novation keyboard. I was very impressed with ease of work and how everything run smoothly. He could even control UAD plugins (which i didn't expect). He never complain about any issues(i specifically asked him). I mean i know that i am not helping i just want to know is this only partly on some systems or everyone are affected?!?? Since i am considering novation and i use Ableton i would like to know more about it.
i posted a Review on KVR saying Live has poor support, it got removed

no drama

video of it playing up is here , and link to the Ableton Live post below it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRrQszGNf04

Abelton Live post

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165099

I can confirm that this happens, I get it with a remote SL and a nocturn.
I work round it by using live's own instant mapping rather than automap.

I am not making a drama or something but your issue seems real (after watching video) and you had all rights to post your review and opinion. My friend use Novation SL 49 mkII i just called him. He told me he never noticed anything unusual. I'll see once when i get to his place can i reproduce it..

Regarding your review. I can not stop to think (as much as i love KVR) that if this is really a case (they simply censored and removed your opinion which was based on real world fact) then someone from KVR don't give a damn about public opinion which is actually very contradictory with the purpose of any public forum. Weird and a bit lame..nice one for the modz :roll:

DELETED

KBKB wrote:
support@ableton.com on Aug 29 2011 wrote: thanks again for your mail on this topic.

The bug has not yet been fixed with Live 8.2.5, where we concentrated on other stuff
they were concentrating on 'other stuff' rather than 'functionality' :)
That's rather selective quoting ...
support@ableton.com on Aug 29 2011 wrote wrote: thanks again for your mail on this topic.

The bug has not yet been fixed with Live 8.2.5, where we concentrated on other stuff. See http://www.ableton.com/releasenotes-lesson

Currently, the Automap/VST automation issue is rather high on our list, but I still can't give you a specific date or version where we'll address this.
As previously mentioned, using the Live Automap template, rather than wrapping plugins is a workaround for this (and is also the reason I haven't ever noticed the issue). Maybe they fixed it in v8.2.6?

michi_mak wrote:
kmonkey wrote:...Regarding your review. I can not stop to think (as much as i love KVR) that if this is really a case (they simply censored and removed your opinion which was based on real world fact) then someone from KVR don't give a damn about public opinion which is actually very contradictory with the purpose of any public forum. Weird and a bit lame..nice one for the modz :roll:
erm, did you read the questioned review? can you tell it was a decently worded review? can you tell it was not bad mouthing?

btw if every host / plug that suffers any issue gets only 1 star reviews then we don't need too much screen space for stars, do we?
I could ask you the same thing. Even if it was bad mouthing so what? What is so wrong with only one star? That is reality my friend. You can not please everyone. What everyone want to be (or to have) superstar now?

You can not please everyone (well Ableton can look like with the little support of KVR).

So to ask you same thing. If you think there shouldn't be bad review then why one star anyway?

I think we are going offtopic so i'll just stop here. I have fresh coffee here. Kind regards

DELETED

what was the earliest verson of Ableton Live that had nice compatibilty with Automap?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”