Anyone Using Sequel 3?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sequel

Just wondering if anyone out there is having fun using the new Sequel 3? I think it's got a lot of nice new features. The Sequel forum is a little slow these days which leads me to wonder how it's been selling/recieved.

cheers,

Carey

I just ordered Sequel 3.
Does anybody know what version of Elastique Pro it uses ? ie 2.0 etc
Is it anything like Ableton Live ?

I used to use Cakewalk Project 5 (which I loved) I think Sequel reminds me of it, having looked at their promo videos. I havn't bothered to download the demo so any comments are welcome.

Thank you

I give it two thumbs up when I demoed, mmv. Nice little app imo.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4643592

I believe it uses Elastiqe Pro version 2.

I find it interesting you mentioning Project 5. I think a lot of the perception out there is that Projet 5 was just a toy. The same thing seem to be for Sequel. Although Sequel is targeted at the beginner, i think version 3 provides a lot more than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuJFef2sig

Carey

careyletendre wrote:I believe it uses Elastiqe Pro version 2.

I find it interesting you mentioning Project 5. I think a lot of the perception out there is that Projet 5 was just a toy. The same thing seem to be for Sequel. Although Sequel is targeted at the beginner, i think version 3 provides a lot more than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuJFef2sig

Carey
I agree that P5 was wrongly percieved. It seemed simple but had a lot of great features and you could knock a song up in no time. The midi was superb. Even now I still feel cheated that it was dumped when with a bit more work it could have been a serious contender. Sadly it doesn't like my Windows 7 set-up otherwise I'd still be using it. I'd be intersted to see if any ex P5's think Sequel does the same kind of stuff well.

It's interesting that others feel that Project 5 was under rated. For me, it was the antedote to the over bloated Sonar - which I never really liked (although I did try). My reason for ordering Sequel is I like the look of the Performance Mode feature. This Ableton Live(esque)functionality was also present in Project 5 but wasn't a good as it could have been.

Thanks

Hi,
I just bought Sequel3 and I'm loving it but I'm having problems putting all the features together. For example I don't VST presets and when I click on the Halion one, nothing is populated. The solution I got from Steinberg forum is PC Windows 7/(Vista)
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 3
You must rename to
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 3 inactive. I don't know how to do that. Can you please help me out?

Thanks.

Will there ever be a Se4uel ?

If I was to bet money on products that would be discontinued, I don't think Sequel would give high odds against :(

Only VST3 support for a sequencer that is designed with beginners in mind? Hmm...
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Only VST3 support for a sequencer that is designed with beginners in mind? Hmm...
Very visionary by Steinberg, maybe that is what taking so long with Sequel 4, that the rest of the world hasn't catched up with Sequel 3 yet :D

And note the VST3 support is only for 32 bit VST3 plugs, not 64 bit plugs :lol:

And naturally most vendors making VST3 versions go for the future and 64 bits.

Big thanks to u-he, without his support of VST3 32 bit plugs, there wouldn't really be many external plugs to load in Sequel 3

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”