"Reaper has an ugly GUI"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:
nineofkings wrote:I really really really don't want this to become the REAPER fanboiz vs REAPER haters thread
By simply mentioning it you are doomed.

BTW, wtf anyways? If you like reaper you are a "fanboi" if you don't you are a "hater"....really stupid.

Personally, I think the caramel middle has it's place in the world :shrug:
"you can put a dress on a pig, but it's still a pig."
Well, it was probably (can't mention) but I think it was lipstick instead of dress :hihi:
I prefer my woman to wear lipstick instead of a dress.
I prefer a pig to wear a honey maple glaze, and a bunch of cloves.

hibidy wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Try Sonar X1's wonderful manual!!

Sheesh!!

You think 400 pages seems a lot.. :hihi: :hihi:
Fer real yo! 1000+ pages :o
I have a friend, a new Sonar X-1 user...with many good questions,
so I thought I'd make a quick pass through the manual, to help
find a couple of easy answers... :-o :shock: :-o

Serious :hihi: !

liquidsound wrote:Hold your horses!
v2.6 was just released and they said that the next update will be 3.0. So expect something good because Jorgen is a really brilliant developer

listening my own music. :drunk:
If Jorgen still has a pulse, I may have to drop $30 on
a Behringer guitar interface, just to get the full XT.

And try the M4 beta.

Reapers 'Insert plugin in new track'
and 'Save live output to disk' options
have one it the favor of many new DAW users.

Enjoying your own music is the soul of sublimity 8)
Cheers

glokraw wrote: I prefer a pig to wear........

a honey maple glaze
glokraw wrote:and a bunch of cloves.

Ja.x wrote:Yep, I'm in the same boat. I bought Reaper, hoping to get to grips with it, but unfortunately I suspect that Reaper is "XT user-proof"; I don't think I ever heard of one of us, XT users, that could jump into Reaper not getting in trouble. So, so far I'm still stuck with XT1.4, but not holding my breath for XT3.
I remember when Jorgen added one extra menu item for me to dive through and how upset I was about it. :lol: Reaper is like whoa, aneurysm.
Ja.x wrote:
hibidy wrote:... I think it is depressing though. Tracktion, XT, my god.....reaper could be next :cry:
You are forgeting Muzys :scared: . I used to be a Muzys user, am a XT user... Do you guys believe in karma :shrug: ?
Well then don't use the next DAW that I choose, or you might kill it!! :x

:hihi:
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

haha!

Well, I used them all except samplitude, so it's probably not me :hihi:

hibidy wrote:haha! Well, I used them all except samplitude, so it's probably not me :hihi:
:hihi: You 'aint done yet...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I really dont care about looks of the gui, I just want the best sounding audio engine :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I was one of those people harping on and on about how ugly reaper's GUI was until about V3.x-ish when they introduced some good themes.

Then with V4 they wiped the floor clean with drop-dead gorgeous skins and now I"m a happy V4 user with RADO V4 theme. I'm very used to this GUI now and prolly wont change for a while.

LawrenceF wrote:
hibidy wrote:haha! Well, I used them all except samplitude, so it's probably not me :hihi:
:hihi: You 'aint done yet...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! f**king tears ROLLING OUT of my eyes :lol:

OMG, I can't believe it :lol:

hibidy wrote:
glokraw wrote: I prefer a pig to wear........

a honey maple glaze
glokraw wrote:and a bunch of cloves.
I suppose Halle Berry wearing lipstick instead of a dress would get moderated :?

My wife has long tweesers to remove the cloves from her side of the ham,
so you're in good company :) (We had a standard Kirkland brand Costco ham
at thanksgiving, it was the best ever, a somewhat unexpected surprise.
The Pumpkin Cheescake and Pecan Pie also were excellent. I should be able
to tie my own shoes again, come February :roll:

keyman_sam wrote:I was one of those people harping on and on about how ugly reaper's GUI was until about V3.x-ish when they introduced some good themes.

Then with V4 they wiped the floor clean with drop-dead gorgeous skins and now I"m a happy V4 user with RADO V4 theme. I'm very used to this GUI now and prolly wont change for a while.
I'm not sure I follow this. Reaper 4 looks almost identical to Reaper 3. Walter gave some abilities to adjust some colors to areas that weren't skin-able before, but it is still just a set of C++ area frames with colors painted in. There has been zero graphic improvement.

The mouse response is still squishy and imprecise. The menus are still a disaster. The names of the actions are still weird and all over the map. It's like they are making up a DAW lexicon on the fly.

But, the ugly is simply because they are doing the graphics like you would 10 to 15 years ago.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Ja.x wrote:
xybre wrote:I try Reaper again every 6 months or so (I'm about due) but it just doesn't feel "right". (Which just drives me nuts because I'd love to replace XT)
Yep, I'm in the same boat. I bought Reaper, hoping to get to grips with it, but unfortunately I suspect that Reaper is "XT user-proof"; I don't think I ever heard of one of us, XT users, that could jump into Reaper not getting in trouble. So, so far I'm still stuck with XT1.4, but not holding my breath for XT3.

hibidy wrote:... I think it is depressing though. Tracktion, XT, my god.....reaper could be next :cry:
You are forgeting Muzys :scared: . I used to be a Muzys user, am a XT user... Do you guys believe in karma :shrug: ?
Same here! Got sucked in with XT1.4 and then advanced purchase of energyXT.
I really got going with the new XT workflow until I could not finish a project without restarting several times. And then development vanished for sometime and I looked for a replacement. Reaper did not click (still) and by accident I discovered MuLab, from the same guy who wrote Muzys, and after bypassing the first impression of the UI I got to discover its modular power. Not so easy to see at first glance but once I did I was sold. Being a Reason user since forever, the Combinator was my addiction. MuLab has something like that but way more powerful, so that was another score, plus I can build my own synth and effects in it. I'm home! Now I use Live only for the Session when I need that particular way of writing. I like to write music and I'm less concerned with millions of features and this is why XT (was) and MuLab fit the bill.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

glokraw wrote:
My wife has long tweesers to remove the cloves from her side of the ham,
so you're in good company :) (We had a standard Kirkland brand Costco ham
at thanksgiving, it was the best ever, a somewhat unexpected surprise.
The Pumpkin Cheescake and Pecan Pie also were excellent. I should be able
to tie my own shoes again, come February :roll:
:hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”