Ableton shippers jumping off.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AHAHAHA! Ableton, YOU are UGLYYY!!

FL Studio is a great piece of software and will continue to be updated and upgraded until Gol dies of old age. Ill stick with FL/Cubase :love:

3 years is not that much for a DAW, or any complex piece of software for that matter. As a user, I strongly prefer slower update cycles, as they deliver more value for the money. Furthermore, updates that affect your existing work- which includes DAW or OS updates- usually spell at least some minor trouble.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:3 years is not that much for a DAW, or any complex piece of software for that matter. As a user, I strongly prefer slower update cycles, as they deliver more value for the money. Furthermore, updates that affect your existing work- which includes DAW or OS updates- usually spell at least some minor trouble.

Richard
Bug fixes can be frequent,
feature updates can be slow, what Im concerned.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Richard_Synapse wrote:3 years is not that much for a DAW, or any complex piece of software for that matter. As a user, I strongly prefer slower update cycles, as they deliver more value for the money. Furthermore, updates that affect your existing work- which includes DAW or OS updates- usually spell at least some minor trouble.

Richard
I agree. I believe we are affected to some extent by a culture of (want for) speed & dissatisfaction (despite that there are major drawbacks to this constant dissatisfaction with present crop of software and hardware).

I'm wondering how many people run out and buy new hammers every time a new grip is marketed. If the old one works well, why just switch because it is a couple years old? That seems very foolish to me.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:I'm wondering how many people run out and buy new hammers every time a new grip is marketed. If the old one works well, why just switch because it is a couple years old? That seems very foolish to me.
Well, I mean it depends. If you are hoping for a hammer that is weighted a bit differently or one that a bit more precise, then it could be a good thing.

Everyone is different.

Agree with the above.

However, Ableton desperately needs a 64 bit version and that's the exception to the rule.

taoyoyo wrote:Agree with the above.

However, Ableton desperately needs a 64 bit version and that's the exception to the rule.
See, hammer that is weighted better......

hibidy wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:Agree with the above.

See, hammer that is weighted better......
Agree with the weighted better...

I still think one does not need to get into angst over it not being 64bit just yet though..if the thing still does the job... :hihi: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I have no idea how people have ever made music using 32bit apps.... boggles the mind.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:I have no idea how people have ever made music using 32bit apps.... boggles the mind.
:roll:

You are missing the point. Without the ram limitations there is less need for freeze and more room to pile on as you see fit :D Progress is a good thing. I'm livin' the dream since going x64 :wheee:

djanthonyw wrote:I have no idea how people have ever made music using 32bit apps.... boggles the mind.
However did people make music with 4 track recorders....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Ahh, the old 'folk used to make music banging on pieces of wood' point. :)

Tis true though.

It's amusing how whenever one mentions 'needing 64 bit' folk go on a bit like this, like anyone asking about it is a bit crazy... Hibidy mentioned the benefits for samplers like Kontakt but I've also noticed that 64 bit plugins in general seem to be lighter on the CPU than 32 over a course of a track (measured 'unscientifically' in Kore, Maschine and Studio One).

By the sounds of things Live 9 is nearly ready and it'll surely include 64 bit versions.

Every other host (as far as I know) is 64 bit now so it'll just be catching up... hopefully it'll be a bit more efficient CPU-wise and include a few other cool things.

Patiently waiting here... intrigued by Bitwig but still very fond of Live.

@djanthony: Which version of Logic are you using, 32 or 64?

trimph1 wrote:
However did people make music with 4 track recorders....
I probably made more music with my old portastudio and a VHS hifi deck (for bouncing, of course) than now :oops:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”