Bitwig Studio announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anent to my above post it is also something to see when a certain manufacturer has a record of coming up with pre-production models-call it a beta, if you will-that never sees the light of day.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

gpunk wrote:
todd_r wrote:DV247 are most likely just guessing the price, we need some proper news!
DV247 are not given to guessing prices ;)

A guy on bitwig beats forum who works for one of dv247's competitors said

"just to note, no prices or info have been released to any dealer as yet so dv247 is a guesstimate"

Not that you can take such a thing as fact of course,
just seems a bit too much to me, If they're going to guess it's prob better to over than underestimate

The information wars continue :hihi:

A very silly post. How can one dealer know what Bitwig have or have not said to another dealer?? (especially a dealer that they have personally linked to...)

headquest wrote:A very silly post. How can one dealer know what Bitwig have or have not said to another dealer?? (especially a dealer that they have personally linked to...)
Their cats are in touch via twitter.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Why would they tell one dealer and not others?

http://www.htfr.com says

"Pricing for this item has not been announced
Estimated release date:
Thursday 31st May 2012"

todd_r wrote:"Pricing for this item has not been announced
Estimated release date:
Thursday 31st May 2012"
That can't be true. I read right here in this thread that they are in financial trouble and may be going out of business soon :(

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Estimated release date:
Thursday 31st May 2012"
That can't be true. I read right here in this thread that they are in financial trouble and may be going out of business soon :(
:lol:

headquest wrote:A very silly post. How can one dealer know what Bitwig have or have not said to another dealer?? (especially a dealer that they have personally linked to...)
Yes it is hilarious. That would mean Cakewalk could tell PreSonus their NAMM announcements are not valid just because they say so. I think this other dealer did not get the info dv did from Bitwig and are simply trying to muddy the waters by saying they are guessing. Just bizarre. :shrug:

Why on earth would any dealer share info of their dealings with a manufacturer with another dealer? Nonsense IMO. :hihi:

My cat just found a rumour on twitter saying that Bitwig have just changed their logo, which could mean they might be going into haircare products instead.

My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:My cat just found a rumour on twitter saying that Bitwig have just changed their logo, which could mean they might be going into haircare products instead.

Please, your flamewars are not welcome here :hihi:

spaceman wrote:
"Bitwig will come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
there'll be fun!

When I think of my DAWs,
that all
are bo-ring.
I just pick up my chin and grin and saaaaaaaay

Bitwig will be out tomorrow..."(etc.)

--Little Orphan Annie

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Estimated release date:
Thursday 31st May 2012"
It could be true, obviously ;)

To get the boxes/DVDs into stores worldwide prior to a launch on 31/05/2012 requires getting the golden master to manufacturers by mid April at the latest. They say they aren't ready to start their beta yet, but suppose they are ready in a couple of weeks that gives them about 6 weeks to beta test on all platforms, and for the three of them to fix the bugs that get reported.

Should be easy for such amazing guys. Yep, I think it could easily happen.

And it means Ableton have another three months to prepare a hyper announcement for Live 9 of course.

PS - sorry for appearing negative, but this is how potential investors in their company will look at it. I've perhaps watched too many Dragons Den episodes, but the reality is we live in a highly competitive but contracting market situation, and launching a new product as an unknown company is bloody hard even if you have something truly original and revolutionary to offer (which I'm not convinced Bitwig do...). I think it's going to be hard for them to compete - that's basically my point.

spaceman wrote:So, have you all sold your current host already in anticipation of the Bitwig release?
Of course. I will not be able to make music w/o bitwig. Of course, that is nothing new :cry:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”