Bitwig Studio announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

christianmusicmaker wrote: Yes. Bitwig's Twitter account is run by...Bitwig.

Why on earth would they endorse and further pubclicise that link if they are not officially supporting it? Retailers no doubt will set their own prices (so that there is a margin for profit) but linkling to it is a clear indication that it is not a guess but the price for the finished product like thousands of other products across thousands of other websites on the Internet. Not sure what is so funny or amusing about that but hey ho.:wink:
Yes, Bitwigs Twitter account is Bitwigs twitter account. But they didn't announce a price there, did they? Instead they linked to an announcement at dv magazine (where also no price is mentioned) and not to the dv product page (where one can find the price). That twitter->dv magazine link was posted at January, 18th. So it is possibly that dv added price and link to their product page later and so it is anything but not "100%" clear. - I can't imagine that it would have taken from January, 18th to February, 16th (what was the day when the price rumours began), when that price would have been available at dv already at January 18th. That's as hypothetic as your theorie, but neither your nor my theory can be validated. And so nothing is 100% in my opinion.
Their twitter account is one of the official direct outlets for Bitwig as well as their website and Facebook page. Their Twitter account is not a fan based Bitwig Twitter account. They own it they run it they post to it = it's officially theirs. Ableton, Cakewalk, Waves, Spectrrasonics e.t.c also have and make official Announcements on their Twitter accounts as well as elsewhere. There is nothing new or unusual about this practice. :shrug:
Thank you for clarification! :hihi:
If you want to wait for a press release and website announcement that is up to you. But it does not make announcements from their Twitter page unofficial in anyway.
As described above they didn't announce anything else than that beta is going to start soon and that they are overwhelmed by all the positive feedback.
Or we can just agree to disagree :wink:
Yes, we can. :hihi: But I still think that official announcements will be made directly through the official BW channels (website, twitter, facebook) and not via links from twitter to any other blog, magazine or whatever page.

Time will tell. An btw I think the price named at dv sounds realistic and suitable. So I don't think it's totally wrong, but it's not officially announced. :)

Goratrix wrote:
christianmusicmaker wrote:Why on earth would they endorse and further publicise that link if they are not officially supporting it? Retailers no doubt will set their own prices (so that there is a margin for profit) but linking to it is a clear indication that it is not a guess but the price for the finished product like thousands of other products across thousands of other websites on the Internet. Not sure what is so funny or amusing about that but hey ho.
Agreed. It would be extremely unproffesional from them to link to a retailer page with placeholder price. They would either not link to it, or ask the retailer to either remove or correct the price. The fact that none of that happened indicates that the price is correct.

Or that they are testing to see how users respond to the price??

soehngenetic wrote:An btw I think the price named at dv sounds realistic and suitable. So I don't think it's totally wrong, but it's not officially announced. :)
For a reputable company maybe, for BW , not a chance, will be a struggle to get users at that price :(

Why ever would they link to a retailer at all, except to confirm that they are in the final stages of preparing the release: i.e. that they have distribution, price, etc all worked out and ready to roll?

headquest wrote:Why ever would they link to a retailer at all, except to confirm that they are in the final stages of preparing the release: i.e. that they have distribution, price, etc all worked out and ready to roll?
Good question. Maybe they've worked out some kind of distribution partnership with DV for that region, to eventualy take pre-orders or something. I wonder how the sales will shake out, if they'll sell direct or only sell through dealers or both?

$470 is a pretty hefty price for an unknown product so I suspect the street price will be a bit lower, at least early on. I can see a slash through that price on Sweetwater or something eventually, with it actually selling for under $400.

Some maybe unanswered questions...

Cooy protection scheme?
Number of installs?
Tiered versions?
Installation methodology?

LawrenceF wrote:$470
woooah! is that official? if so, then good luck bitwig at selling more than 100 licenses. ridiculous price for an unknown product at v1.0.

From their Twitter account some minutes ago "Hacking hard to get the beta ready soon, stay tuned! Want to apply for beta-testing? You can do it here: http://www.bitwig.com" :)
I hope the beta starts soon :)
Seriously can't wait to try it!

Cheers
Dennis

LawrenceF wrote:So what does that, £299.00, convert to in USD? Is that Euros? I'm a total idiot when it comes to foreign currency.
You could just google "euro to usdollar" and be done with that :P

hibidy wrote: You could just google "euro to usdollar" and be done with that :P
I did that first, and got $528.51, which I didn't think was right, so I asked.

Now he's saying $472, which is over $50 difference so... when you guys get an actual US price, lemme know. :hihi:

$470! If that is going to be the price then it shall make me really consider bowing down to AVID's Pro Tools 10 after not doing/not even going for 9. Live 8 and PT 8 LE/7.4 M-Powered are ideal for me personally, I have held back due to price but really if a v1.0 host is going for that then i am maybe being tight on myself as i know exactly what i am and am not getting. I will probably demo BW Studio just out of curiosity

Having said that BW Studio could consolidate for some people what they use 2 or 3 hosts for and in that respect it might well work out as a really decent investment (along the lines of what Presonus S1 Pro seems to have done for quite a number of folk)...Only time will tell

BTW: Host wise I Am Not comparing anything mentioned to and/or against the other/anything else here as that would be silly obviously. $470 if true i do not like at all either way. Edit: $472 i dislike even more and if its not in Great British Pound Sterling then I can not work the conversion out either. British Pound Sterling is not so great either IMVHHO

Best to all

Dean
Last edited by Dean Aka Nekro on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, I'm a dunce. I typed in 399. :)

299 Euro translates to $396, just about where I thought it might land... at $400.

S1 did it at $400 couple of years ago at 1.0 so... why not? :hihi: Although, there was also a hardware incentive there.

I just gotta chuckle Lawrence :hug:

At the top ofthe BWS product page on the dv website there is a currency converter (which seems pretty accurate) Just under the shopping basket, top right of the page.

In Euros it translates to 356.

Dollars - $473

Pounds - £299

There used to be another thread on this where I said the criteria that has to be met to consider, I'll try to remember....

-It absolutely positively MUST be uber efficient with cpu/multicore handling. It doesn't have to be reaper perfect, but it can't be like studio one.
-It must be a god-send midi wise. I'm talking being able to do midi the way S2 does where you can select multiple clips, edit the groove from an intelligent list, and laid out sensibly. If midi is a mess, I can stick with the reap :D
-It must have left click selection :hihi:
-A built-in Audio editor that is nice and efficient, preferably with a way to extract/implement groove (might be asking for too much there)
-Love interacting with maschine ;)
-multiple pan/width settings. I can't go back after coming from cubase, living w/o for quite some time and then now having it again.

I could care less about the built in FX. If they are sweet, then it's a bonus.....far more concerned with how well my stuff works inside it.

to be continued....

christianmusicmaker wrote:At the top ofthe BWS product page on the dv website there is a currency converter (which seems pretty accurate) Just under the shopping basket, top right of the page.

In Euros it translates to 356.

Dollars - $473

Pounds - £299
:hihi: Re-calculation ... $471.55 it is. A bit high.

So that symbol was actually "pounds", that what was throwing me, being the relative foreign currency mo-mo that I am. :lol:

Ouch. Back to $500 with the 6% sales tax here. Whaddya think Hibidy? Will you bite?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”