Bitwig Studio announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

musikmachine wrote:
spaceman wrote:So, have you all sold your current host already in anticipation of the Bitwig release?
I heard hibidy sold Reaper. :o
:lol: Yeah, I got all of 30 bucks for it :party:

spaceman wrote:
headquest wrote:A very silly post. How can one dealer know what Bitwig have or have not said to another dealer?? (especially a dealer that they have personally linked to...)
Their cats are in touch via twitter.
Just remember, you brought this on yourself!

headquest wrote:A very silly post. How can one dealer know what Bitwig have or have not said to another dealer?? (especially a dealer that they have personally linked to...)
This is priceless! :lol: :lol:

OK let me get this straight?
There is a link in a Bitwig Twitter that very indirectly leads to the 247 site, which is proof that it's an "official" announcement.
Since it is proof any direct reply from another retailer is silly!
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I'm a Live user. I will never buy BitWig. NEVER!
n-EVER

ne-VER

nev-ER

neve-R.....IGHT NOW if I could. :cry:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

:lol:

:lol: You outta get that guy to take care photoshop-stopping.

That's well made actually :hihi:

Often the 'acting' is too much over the top or theatrical (oh wait, that's the same). This one is spot-on.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

headquest wrote:PS - sorry for appearing negative, but this is how potential investors in their company will look at it. I've perhaps watched too many Dragons Den episodes, but the reality is we live in a highly competitive but contracting market situation, and launching a new product as an unknown company is bloody hard even if you have something truly original and revolutionary to offer (which I'm not convinced Bitwig do...). I think it's going to be hard for them to compete - that's basically my point.
They are simply attempting to capitalize on the Live 8 fiasco. Also they are trying to improve on the live model. I doubt I'm stating anything that not apparent. They don't offer anything new but if it is better than live, they will have a viable product. Again version 2 is the one to think about buying not the first one. They simply need to generate a return on time and money invested after three years (personally would have thought it would be a better idea to have all the features in version 1 to cause more excitement).

The question is will they price the product to where people, other than those who will simply buy it because it's new then move on to another new product, will jump on board. Also will there be a significant advantage to choosing bitwig over live.

only beta will tell, but I still have my doubts if the software is not a fair amount cheaper than live.
no purchase until everything goes to usb 3.0 and all hosts are 64 bit!

Again if it works, offering the ability to contain a VST crash without causing the DAW to crash is in fact HUGE difference between BWS and every DAW I know of. It's not an enhancement feature, but it's a massive leap forward in coding if it works properly.

machinesworking wrote:Again if it works, offering the ability to contain a VST crash without causing the DAW to crash is in fact HUGE difference between BWS and every DAW I know of. It's not an enhancement feature, but it's a massive leap forward in coding if it works properly.
Reaper has done this for quite a while (since v3.11 - September 20 2009)... :lol: They added that feature around the same time they did the x64<->x86 bridging, as it's really the same thing as adapting between binary architectures. (Such a crash guarding couldn't be done without that type of bridging. Or maybe BitWig has gained the magical capability to do it in some other way...? :-o )

felonytrance wrote:the Live 8 fiasco.
WTF are talking about?

I am no fanboy/fanboi of Live before any such bullshit like that is possibly said/implied.

What "Live 8 fiasco"?

I mean i do not keep up as fast as alot around here but i do not recall any fiasco regarding Live 8 and as a long time user have not had many problems with it.

The few that did arise have always been sorted in fair and timely updates.

I am honestly open to being shown where to read all about "the Live 8 fiasco" if you would point me towards a links to it all, Please

Danke

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:
felonytrance wrote:the Live 8 fiasco.
WTF are talking about?

I am no fanboy/fanboi of Live before any such bullshit like that is possibly said/implied.

What "Live 8 fiasco"?

I mean i do not keep up as fast as alot around here but i do not recall any fiasco regarding Live 8 and as a long time user have not had many problems with it.

The few that did arise have always been sorted in fair and timely updates.

I am honestly open to being shown where to read all about "the Live 8 fiasco" if you would point me towards a links to it all, Please

Danke
So many people had so many problems that Ableton decided to publicly apologize (on their forum) and devote the coding staff to pure bugfixing (instead of adding new features) for an extended period of time.

I heard a rumor that it all started when the breakroom espresso machine exploded all over the sausage bar and the fedex delivery truck bringing the replacement was kidnapped by the KGB and so they had to repurpose half the staff to shuttle in fresh coffee from starbucks.
miedex

Every day I scroll through this thread waiting to see a link to some video or beta invite or something. Every day it's just people speculating.

:(

JD Gaffe wrote:Every day I scroll through this thread waiting to see a link to some video or beta invite or something. Every day it's just people speculating.

:(
I quite enjoy it. Reaper works fine :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”