New AudioGL video + Crowdfunding

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Xenakios wrote:What is the problem AudioGL is trying to solve?
His own issues with finding something he could "relate" to, which worked in a manner he could relate to.

"Mechanical Engineer" = 3D visualization/implementation.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

ZenPunkHippy wrote:...this is exactly the type of thing that should be encouraged.
I agree.

UncleAge wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:...this is exactly the type of thing that should be encouraged.
I agree.
+1

He has excellent taste in FLITHY PHAT BASS too! Makes my attempts at mixing sound way too polite :hihi:
... space is the place ...

DELETED

Hello, I'm the developer of AudioGL.

I'm trying to hit up as many forums as possible, although I don't have much time for it!

I think that "what am I trying to solve" is a really important question.

The main thing is to find that balance between a powerful modular synth, without having the synth become a visual programming language (ie: reaktor). Visual programming languages are great, but once you start programming, you aren't writing music anymore. And yet, I still want it to be powerful enough to generate any sound that I can think of.

On top of this, I want to sculpt sound over time, piece by piece, and automation is the way to do this. I'm trying to build an interface that allows me to hammer through 100's of automation lanes without even thinking about it. This idea is very much inspired by AutoCAD, which I've been working with for years. AutoCAD has the best workflow I've ever seen, and it's hard to go back to a DAW after using it.

Finally, the 3D view is designed for quick organization, and quick editing of Automation. Also, the visualization of signal flow. OpenGL & 3D graphics is something that came to me naturally when I started to learn programming, so I incorporated it into the software. Considering that everyone has a 3D accelerator in their computer nowadays, why not put it to work? The skill I gain in this field will go a long way once AudioGL starts focusing on real-time live visuals.

I hope that gives you a better idea of what AudioGL is about! If you have any more questions, let me know.

Xenakios wrote:What is the problem AudioGL is trying to solve?
I don't think he's trying to solve any problem.

On the website he mentions that most electronic music artists try to realise an idea in their head, often end up with something completely different. He compares the process to a painter who keeps adding and changing things to a painting.

So to him it seems to be a tool to craft music more than compose following conventional methods.

I like that idea. It's how I make music (which is also why I don't finish 9 out of 10 projects :lol:)
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Hi AGL.

I'm guessing that people who pre-order will be able to test the beta versions?

Also, how long are you planning on running the pre-order deal and can donations also be deducted from the pre-order at a later date? I'm on a Mac you see and I'd like to help out a bit already but I don't know if i can justify spending $200 on something I'd have to wait an other year for.

Cheers!

spaceman wrote:I like that idea. It's how I make music (which is also why I don't finish 9 out of 10 projects :lol:)
You're supposed to "finish" projects?!!!

That concept has somehow eluded me.

:dog:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
spaceman wrote:I like that idea. It's how I make music (which is also why I don't finish 9 out of 10 projects :lol:)
You're supposed to "finish" projects?!!!

That concept has somehow eluded me.

:dog:
I like to keep them open-ended.
That's a sort of finishing.

People who pre-order will get priority with beta-testing, definitely. I will start with a small beta test, to iron out the big bugs. Then the beta will go out to the contributors. It goes without saying, but I can't wait to see what other people make with AudioGL, so I'm trying to push it to this stage as soon as I can.

If you contribute less than $200, you will be able to redeem your contribution at any time. That offer will not expire!

The video is very interesting, the software seems innovative... and the demo track sounds really good !
Looking forward to this one ;)

AGL

Make sure you have a look at the Bitwig thread to see what you're getting yourself into with this customer malarkey.
:hihi:

Thank you, EvilDragon.

Spaceman, that made my evening.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”