Update: Cubase 6.5 available (49,99€)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a little confused right now.
Been wanting to sell my Cubase 4.5 for quite a while now and switch to Studio One with Corssgrade. I got to love S1. Awesome DAW.
But with the Cubase Update from 4.5 to 6.5 for only $149 I might stick with Cubase. Been with them since Atari.

Damn choices...

Edit: $143.50 incl. Shipping with Coupon code... Even better!

Compyfox wrote: Personally I'd be greatly pissed if I'd shell out 50 EUR(!, 50USD would be 38 EUR according to exhange rates - so Europe backs up the international sales) now for the upgrade, and on Musikmesse 2012 (21st to 24th March) Steinberg announces Cubase 7 and then sells it on 26th March for another 199 EUR with only a handful of "features" more than Cubase 6.5...
Hello Compyfox,
Cubase 7 won't be announced/released at the Musikmesse. :)
Also, it won't include only a "handful" of new features. :D
Carlos M. Rohde
Cubase product marketing manager at Steinberg
Hamburg, Germany
www.steinberg.net

crohde wrote: Hello Compyfox,
Cubase 7 won't be announced/released at the Musikmesse. :)
Also, it won't include only a "handful" of new features. :D
6.5 demo? I won't buy the update without one...had already posted this question.

Wow, how nicely one can be surprised. I bought upgrade to C6 a while ago and I was thinking of buying the 6.5 update from my next salary. Today I updated my eLicenser center and was pleasantly surprised when it told me that I was eligible to the free 6.5 update. I had forgotten that I had bought the C6 this year. Nice, thank you Steinberg.

Now I have to get productive!
A guy with serious GAS and lots of unused VSTs. But if I someday need them...

DotNoir wrote:Now I have to get productive!
:tu:

Is 6.5 not entirely stable?

I'm either having a few crashing problems with Cubase 6.5 and its new synths or my MicroKEY is getting a little flaky.

Otherwise I love it! :tu:
Blue Phase Music

4lb Kitty wrote:Is 6.5 not entirely stable?

I'm either having a few crashing problems with Cubase 6.5 and its new synths or my MicroKEY is getting a little flaky.

Otherwise I love it! :tu:
The demo was stable for me the few times I had it open, no crashes yet.

LOVE the new Retrologue. Beautiful synth.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”