Musikmesse 2012: Propellerhead to share "exciting news"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bottom line:

If I can route CV/Gate in and out of Rack Extensions (instead of just audio) I will buy Reason right now. With VSTs it's not possible to for example modulate different plugins with each other. If Reason enables me to "cross-modulate" a UHE effect plugin with a KORG synth plugin I will go totally batshit insane.

Liero wrote:Bottom line:

If I can route CV/Gate in and out of Rack Extensions (instead of just audio) I will buy Reason right now. With VSTs it's not possible to for example modulate different plugins with each other. If Reason enables me to "cross-modulate" a UHE effect plugin with a KORG synth plugin I will go totally batshit insane.
Not 100 sure but I think that will be possible with RE. "BitSpeak" A Sonic Charge FX has plenty of CV apparently and CV for 3rd party apps has been mentioned so it looks like a yay on that one. :wink:

Same here!!!! :wheee: :o :-o :shock:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

It's of course up to developers to incorporate CV inputs/outputs but the option is there. All Rack Extensions will have audio outputs (and inputs if they're FX). Go nag your favorite developer to add more CV/audio jacks! :)

If the guys at VSL jump onboard and make a VEP extension, Reason would be the only sequencer I'd ever need.

Can you imagine having Alchemy RE and using it's modulation system for CV out?

Biggest question I have...Will there be a way to purchase the Reason version of a given plugin for a crossgrade fee from their VST license? I'm not going to re-purchase all my plugins just for Reason.

bmrzycki wrote:Biggest question I have...Will there be a way to purchase the Reason version of a given plugin for a crossgrade fee from their VST license? I'm not going to re-purchase all my plugins just for Reason.
Yea, I was just wondering the same. Too much invested in VSTs to buy them again for Reason. Not sure I would pay a crossgrade fee either, unless the plugin was really going to be something special in the Reason environment. Any word on this issue at all?

KBSoundSmith wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:Biggest question I have...Will there be a way to purchase the Reason version of a given plugin for a crossgrade fee from their VST license? I'm not going to re-purchase all my plugins just for Reason.
Yea, I was just wondering the same. Too much invested in VSTs to buy them again for Reason. Not sure I would pay a crossgrade fee either, unless the plugin was really going to be something special in the Reason environment. Any word on this issue at all?
I was hoping of a crossgrade fee from zero to whatever, set by the developer.

My guess is that pricing and cross-grades are up to the third-party developer...

...but without MIDI out, Reason still fails to be a full studio solution for me :shrug:

headquest wrote:...but without MIDI out, Reason still fails to be a full studio solution for me :shrug:
Can someone now be able to do so with this new Code?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I heard that the Rack extension developer software will be available for everyone, so I am curious whether it will be possible for relative novices to make devices? Will it have a visual interface like Reaktor or Max for those who lack the programming skills to write our own fancy DSP code?

SynthEdit Reason plugs here we come! :party:

Anosou wrote:

It's of course up to developers to incorporate CV inputs/outputs but the option is there. All Rack Extensions will have audio outputs (and inputs if they're FX). Go nag your favorite developer to add more CV/audio jacks! :)

Do I get a free downloadable version for both guessing this is the reveal correctly and requesting this for years ?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”