Musikmesse 2012: Propellerhead to share "exciting news"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VitaminD wrote:

Do I get a free downloadable version for both guessing this is the reveal correctly and requesting this for years ?
If you own Reason 6 or Essentials then yes, it's a free update :hihi:

This was it? wow, I guess I am the only one very very disappointed.
just what the world needs now, yet another plug in format... I would hate to have to be a developer.....this is exactly opposite of what I was hoping for. I was hoping for reason as a vsti, not bringing stuff into reason, but bringing reason into stuff.

'wonderful'

rsp

Oh well, i'm afraid I can't get excited about the Reason news, wow another program allows more instruments - sounds like they were running out of ideas for instruments rather than opening up the system willingly.

Think i'll stick with my trusty old FL Studio, at least I know what I get with that and they don't keep changing it's direction on me. Everything just works and it has had thousands of instruments for years, just like any other decent VST-capable host (Most of them).

I like Reason but, uh, just can't get excited by this at all. Good luck to those of you who use it regularly as your main host though, sure it'll be a boost to you but nothing really to attract new customers IMO.

Chris

VitaminD wrote:
Anosou wrote:
Liero wrote:Bottom line:

If I can route CV/Gate in and out of Rack Extensions (instead of just audio) I will buy Reason right now. With VSTs it's not possible to for example modulate different plugins with each other. If Reason enables me to "cross-modulate" a UHE effect plugin with a KORG synth plugin I will go totally batshit insane.
It's of course up to developers to incorporate CV inputs/outputs but the option is there. All Rack Extensions will have audio outputs (and inputs if they're FX). Go nag your favorite developer to add more CV/audio jacks! :)

Do I get a free downloadable version for both guessing this is the reveal correctly and requesting this for years ?
:tu:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

zvenx wrote:This was it? wow, I guess I am the only one very very disappointed.
just what the world needs now, yet another plug in format... I would hate to have to be a developer.....this is exactly opposite of what I was hoping for. I was hoping for reason as a vsti, not bringing stuff into reason, but bringing reason into stuff.

'wonderful'

rsp
+1 on this.

On the other hand, I was briefly intrigued about Korg being onboard, since they're not updating their Legacy Collection plugs to 64-bit, thinking that might be a way for me to rid myself of the last vestiges of 32-bit plugins on my system (along with Gmedia and Sonic Charge, who seem to be taking their sweet old time with 64-bit versions!)

Then I realized that, invariably, it'll simply be yet ANOTHER Korg MS-20, which I already have in software, on my Korg Oasys, on my iPad, and my freaking Nintendo DS.

I really like the idea of Reason, but Rewire makes it a pain in the neck, so much so that I've never managed to complete a single production with it. I would use it SO much more if I could just integrate it like everything else I use.

yes, Rewire was a pain to use with Nuendo. Haven't upgraded Reason since 3 and haven't used it in years.

rsp
sound sculptist

Having experienced several crashes in Reason over the last two years, I'm surprised people still buy into the idea that it doesn't crash. It does. End of. :(

I would respect Propellerhead more if they could convince people to buy their software on its own terms, instead of their constant negativity about everyone else. Very arrogant and, misleading.

'wonderful'

rsp
Native formats do have some advantages, don't use Reason myself but with FL I do use a lot of fruity plugs like Sytrus still even though some VSTs have far surpassed it's feature list, I'd imagine most of the people using Reason have another host they can rewire so I don't think just "VSTs in Reason" would've been that big a thing anyway

liquid wind wrote:

'wonderful'

rsp
Native formats do have some advantages, don't use Reason myself but with FL I do use a lot of fruity plugs like Sytrus still even though some VSTs have far surpassed it's feature list, I'd imagine most of the people using Reason have another host they can rewire so I don't think just "VSTs in Reason" would've been that big a thing anyway
is the advantages stability you mean or what else?
Not sure how many Reason users use other DAW's but if they do, then it is even harder for me to see how this is a big deal?
rsp

Yup, disapointing.

The only thing that would have made the ioS thing a big deal is....REASON on the iPAD! Not a 1$ app....

Another version of VSTi. No thanks. I guess this is good if you only use Reason as a DAW, I suspect many people have REASON + a DAW so will not benifit.

I am in 100% agreement with all the peopkle who say REASON should 'be' a VST, it would be a great groove box, song starter, rack of instruments and effects etc.

If the Props realy want this to be a DAW, they have a lot of work to do on their audio and midi editing....

headquest wrote:Having experienced several crashes in Reason over the last two years, I'm surprised people still buy into the idea that it doesn't crash. It does. End of. :(

I would respect Propellerhead more if they could convince people to buy their software on its own terms, instead of their constant negativity about everyone else. Very arrogant and, misleading.
You should report crashes & bugs to Props. Apart from occasionally stopping the sound driver (which doesn't crash the program and is easy to fix), Reason has never crashed on me in the past two years.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

zvenx wrote:
liquid wind wrote:

'wonderful'

rsp
is the advantages stability you mean or what else?
Not sure how many Reason users use other DAW's but if they do, then it is even harder for me to see how this is a big deal?
rsp
In FL the advantage would be per note controls and right clicking anything and c/p values or easier automation, in Reason the advantage would be the CV inputs. Stability generally isn't an issue from reputable developers in my experience, just with synthedit plugs and such

I agree that a plugin version of Reason would have been great news, but Propellerhead wants to push Reason as it's own eco-system more than ever. They would not have added audio, sampling and pitch correction if they planned to sell Reason as a plugin!
For Reason users RE is amazing news since it opens up the whole rack system to other developers.

v1o wrote:
headquest wrote:Having experienced several crashes in Reason over the last two years, I'm surprised people still buy into the idea that it doesn't crash. It does. End of. :(

You should report crashes & bugs to Props. Apart from occasionally stopping the sound driver (which doesn't crash the program and is easy to fix), Reason has never crashed on me in the past two years.
Done - although it took several days for a response - basically a denial. People on the forum helped me get back up and running... PH failed (and as their has no crash recovery or reporting system built in I lost several projects mid flow.

i guessed right :)
exciting stuff!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”