Anyone move from serious use of Studio One to Cubase 6?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiyn wrote:
standalone wrote:
Aiyn wrote:Well, the problem I am having is this:

I cannot use the Komplete audio driver on S1 AND trigger VSTI by midi. The Midi indicator lights up, they will respond to knob movements, but not note data! Its the strangest thing. Presonus said its likely the driver so I am going to kontakt NI about it.
I suppose you have tried all the options in the Midi section at 'Studio One/Options/Advanced'. Have you also tried 'Ignore Audio Device Timestamps' in the Audio section? I had to do that to get S1 to work with my NI's Audio Kontrol 1.
Eureka! You did it! I can't believe it. Presonus didn't even suggest this, they just told me to kontakt :P NI

This is so great. I've tried the set up before in Reaper and Cubase and they both worked fine. I demoed Cubase 6 last night... Well its certainly not as simple as S1 in my opinion. Its always like that with a new DAW though, but with S1 I didn't even need to read the manual. I feel like S1 is much easier to work with even though it has less options.

Now that the problem is solved, and I've been reminded how simple S1 is I'm gonna stick with it. I might even upgrade to S2 for the freeze function.

I feel like I wish I could offer you something in return. A small personalized sound-set for your synth of choice perhaps? I would be happy to do that.

Sami
Glad to see that it worked! And don't worry, outclassing a company's support is enough reward for me. :hihi:

Aiyn wrote:
Dentoid wrote:
Aiyn wrote: ...they just told me to kontakt :P NI
Oh you...
Hey nice demo (In your phase)! Any news on kHz one?
Thanks! A bit OT, but yes there's an update coming (free for existing users, as always) with some additions, as well as a new preset bank. Can't promise anything timewise though, but it's in the works.
kiloHearts Developer

Monib wrote:Seems two me there are 2 issues.

1. Audio interface issue, have you tried a demo of a different DAW to see if eveything is OK? Ableton/Reaper both have Demos available.

2. DAW issue I can see how a DAW would depress you, Reaper did that to me, so I went back to Ableton Live. That's just personal perference. I know Reaper you can change colors, but it doesn't look like Presonus would let you.

Have you looked into this:
http://www.able.audiomidi.com/assets/Cu ... 018[1].pdf

Looks like you can't use external instruments, and have a 16 VST limit. I don't think I could be confined to that. I would suggest looking out for a used copy of Cubase (even older version).
True but there is a way to use 24 + 16 instruments if you know how ;)

You have 24 Instrument tracks that you can load vsti's in + 16 more with the vsti insert window.

Make sure you use their power profile, it helps with performance.

http://presonus.zendesk.com/entries/203 ... studio-one

LawrenceF wrote:Make sure you use their power profile, it helps with performance.

http://presonus.zendesk.com/entries/203 ... studio-one
Oh yes I forgot all about this. Thanks!

Having S1 work properly with my interface changes things a lot. I've looked at the new freeze function a few times but isn't it achi evable with bouncing?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

freezing pretty much *is* bouncing, only the resultant files are invisible, so in essence, yes.

Getting back to the original question, no, but the opposite. Couldn't resist the sequence of discounts since I tried it early 2011 and like S1 very much. Though I still have Cubase, now LE6 only, running.

Value for money with S1 is amazing, if you had the patience. $ 20,11 for S1 Artist in the 2011 NAMM sale. Upgrade to the V1 full version just before V2 $ 99. Upgrade to full V2 for $89,95. If I had just been a little less patient and did an upgrade order just a few days earlier at audiomidi with a coupon code could have saved me another $15.

Yeah its a good price. I don't feel the need to jump to V2 though even with the sale on right now. I'm happy with it, its very intuitive, I like being able to drag a vst effect to the insert or send part of the channel strip. Its just simple.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

There is a sale? Which sale?

Does anybody know wheter the crossgrade offer is also vaild in germany?
Finally!

Bump
Finally!

there was a sale

It seems to be $149 right now though which I think is lower than it used to be.

This is for Studio1 pro to the new version
Aiynzahev-sounds

They use to do sales during NAMM, Musikmesse...and some times when they release a main update, if I remember it well. Try to grab a version of S1 Artist cheap at the Market Place to upgrade from there when they do another sale.

Ill bump this now that the upgrade deal is so appealing. $99 for cub 6.5 artist inc retrologue and padshop.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”