Plugin formats? This is the end...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bduffy wrote:If only Steinberg had made VST3 less intimidating. What were they thinking?

And I'm pissed that Propellerheads still don't make a VST version of Reason. Third-party plug-ins are mostly irrelevant with ReWire, and I should just be able to use Reason as a VSTi. So much easier. :(
Never gonna happen. The guys at props will never make reason into a VSTi. It's just not a part of their ethos.

I'd like to have reason as a VSTi too, but it will not ever happen. I've come to terms with it.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

highkoo wrote: So, hold off on that Reason update for a few months and buy some VSTs off of your fav small dev. :)
You do know that the update is going to be free to reason 6 users right? I've also read somewhere that some REs will be around $13 each. That doesn't really break the bank.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

SuperFly76 wrote: I've come to terms with it.
Sorry to take you out of context from your quote but there is so much WIN in this, it needed to be repeated :)

SuperFly76 wrote:
highkoo wrote: So, hold off on that Reason update for a few months and buy some VSTs off of your fav small dev. :)
You do know that the update is going to be free to reason 6 users right? I've also read somewhere that some REs will be around $13 each. That doesn't really break the bank.
That is only for Uhe's Uhbiks plugs, so don't count on Diva etc. being $13! And maybe he means Reason 5 and earlier that have been waiting for something more compelling than 6 to come along.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

A drastically improved Rewire that automatically routs midi and audio would be about as good as being a VSTi IMO, that is what I'm waiting for. If Reason can work like a VST I don't care if they call it a VST or not :) just make it more simple and behave essentially universally across hosts, more people would happily rewire Reason. Personally I'd love to manage all my devices in one rack, get a second monitor and turn it sideways and not deal with floating windows. But then all my VSTs would still be floating, as well as the native DAW plugins.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Radical food for thought:

What if Props decided that Reason was to become free, i.e. cost $0? But still keep its copy protection system, etc?

They would obviously need to get enough income from the 30% they get from RE plugins sales + their own plugins and other stuff. Yes, probably not a very realistic scenario, but I still find it interesting to ponder about.
---

decalogue wrote:Radical food for thought:

What if Props decided that Reason was to become free, i.e. cost $0? But still keep its copy protection system, etc?

They would obviously need to get enough income from the 30% they get from RE plugins sales + their own plugins and other stuff. Yes, probably not a very realistic scenario, but I still find it interesting to ponder about.
I'd be really happy with a Reason sans-sequencer that just acted as a rack for purchased plugins. Then all the routing options of Reason along with consolidated licensing and store could be really compelling. But improving Rewire would be mandatory.

SuperFly76 wrote:
No I actually didnt know that when I posted, but Im sure they will be cheap and convenient!
But the actual cost wasnt my point either. :)

The longer these threads go, the more Im convinced that this is not a good thing.
A big old ungainly animal came stomping through and muddied the water. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”