Anyone else noticed Host Specific Snobbery?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You should start a babes thread.

hibidy wrote:You should start a babes thread.
done

No. Back on topic, please.

i haven't read the thread but did anyone else notice?

oxygenet32 wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm just wrapping up a new track in FL Studio when I got thinking, has anyone else noticed snobbery (In any host) about how you "SHOULD" work within it?

I was just thinking how many times i've read (In different places) about how people think you "SHOULD" work within FL Studio, and any other way is wrong.

For example, I use patterns as a block of my track - if I have 25 tracks in my song i'll put them in song order - pattern 1 could be the song intro, pattern 2 the main song, pattern 3 the first chorus and so on - but i've read people in so many places before say that the "PROPER" way of doing it in FL Studio is that pattern 1 would have part of your drums, pattern 2 another part and while I see why some people would work this way it really bugs me how they can say their way is the "PROPER" way when the biggest advantage - to me - of FL Studio is being able to work how you want. I used hardware sequencers in the 80's and 90's and loved how you work with them so i've carried that over to FL Studio. I like to play a pattern and hear everything in that patterns and be able to go in and edit it there and then, it's my way of working and I like it :-)

It just bugs me, it's the same in lots of hosts where you have "ELITISTS" who think anyone who does it different to them is wrong or amateurish.

Sorry everyone, just needed to get it out of my system. "DEEP BREATH" :-)

Chris Payne
http://www.youtube.com/user/zoolook3264
No and if I did it wouldn't change my way of doing things the way I choose to do them. Giving a shit about what other people think is not something I do personally ;)

pwal wrote:i haven't read the thread but did anyone else notice?
So many ways to answer this

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Giving a shit about what other people think is not something I do personally ;)

Though I think we are both going to gas till the final day :troll:

(btw, I hate the name of that emoticon, but it's such a nice evil grin :shrug: )

I'm just wrapping up a new track in FL Studio when I got thinking, has anyone else noticed snobbery (In any host) about how you "SHOULD" work within it?

I was just thinking how many times i've read (In different places) about how people think you "SHOULD" work within FL Studio, and any other way is wrong.
Never experienced anything like that at all.
Then again I use Reaper, which has many ways of handling the various tasks, dunno much about FL.
(though I own it, currently uninstalled until they release 64bit)

darsho wrote:

Never experienced anything like that at all.
Then again I use Reaper, which has many ways of handling the various tasks, dunno much about FL.
(though I own it, currently uninstalled until they release 64bit)
Love seeing others with common sense :D

:hihi:

Yeah, a 64bit "wrapper" might be cool but I never took the time to find out. And I outta make reaper my signature since I'm FBoi number one right now (though you wouldn't know it over at reaper by how much I plead with the devs to make midi blow the competition completely away! :lol: )

I'd take the chance on FL if there was a proper viddy on it. GROOVE 3 is stuck on like version 8 :?

ntom wrote:Ha! You use FL studio? What toy!

What snobbery? never heard of such. :hihi:

P.S. never heard of workflow-specific snobbery myself.
Agree 100%, never heard of the workflow snobbery.

Maybe some namedropping on equipment from time to time.
There were some now on Cakewalk forum where folks were comparing the different LA2A compressor/limiter clones and some obviously had the real hardware.

But it's ok really - I'm just envious on those having the opprotunity to use it.

So look out - if you consider something snobbery, it might just be envy.

hibidy wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Giving a shit about what other people think is not something I do personally ;)

Though I think we are both going to gas till the final day :troll:

(btw, I hate the name of that emoticon, but it's such a nice evil grin :shrug: )
:lol: The grin works well and see you for a gas v.soon dude

Since we are talking about fruity loops and I've had my license since forever, groove3 says they are coming up with some updated FL viddys pretty soon.

I notice quite a bit of snobbery around the place but I'm not bothered by it because I use the best DAW.

Atardecer wrote:I notice quite a bit of snobbery around the place but I'm not bothered by it because I use the best DAW.
That's the spirit! :party:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”