i wish fl studio was a true multitrack daw.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote:Second, even if you COULD zoom all the way in, there is no friggin cross fade so you are screwed anyways. In fact, there aren't even basic fade in and fade out handles for the audio clips.
Hmmm...Image

And may I add, my FL Studio projects are extremely (even obsessively) well organised.

Name, colour, set icons and group stuff. Easy :hihi:

I remember recording audio in FL is like shoving an icepick in ones eyes...
Just stopping by to say that FL's "razor" or "slice" tool ... is INCREDIBLY useful.

deathwish wrote:
keel wrote:
ttoz wrote:for serious AUDIO editing, FL is but a toy.
Do you know that there is edison? :roll: Build in audio editor? For me, that is doing all the audio editing, fast and easy.
Edison is terrible compared to anything reaper or cubase can do. Orion can do everything FLStudio can do but much better.

Can't edit audio for one.

luckystrike wrote:Logic looks toy for me because it doesn't well support post production how Nuendo does. But who cares.
If your contract says you'll deliver a Nuendo project, then you might care. Toolchain choices like these are, after all, decisions that are made for you by your circumstances (you don't own the studio where you work, or you do own it but your contract with Time Warner has certain requirements, or you've invested real capital into a TDM rig or whatever).

If you're not constrained that way, then you can do anything your budget allows, and if you're not compelled into some sort of agreement about production interoperability, then you get to choose what you want. There's no need to put down one consumer product in order to express affinity for a different one.

I wonder how many big releases go through a mastering step with Pyramix (everything that goes through Sterling Sound, which happens to be a lot, just for starters) and I wonder how many motion picture soundtracks get mastered and sync'd in Sequoia. Anybody here know what NBCUniversal typically requires for a final product? Anyone here ever have a voiceover contract with Touchstone or Vivendi who can describe the requirements there? I'll bet they went a little further than just "don't use XXX because it's a toy..."

I hate to think of people getting bogged down in gear and software choices because they get the impression that they have to play by the same rules as people who are doing work for others, where the stakes are high and there's severe competition. It would bother me a lot if there are well-intentioned amateurs with the budget of an individual, trying to take advice from someone who is working in a well-funded voiceover studio doing production work. A forum like this can provide an illusion that you dwell in the same world and have any of the same considerations.

Very well said JamesOtucson!!! :clap:
:hug:

AstralExistence wrote:i currently use reaper which i like, but i also own fl studio and its going on version 11. reaper is great in the customization department. but fl studio gets on my nerves because you cant get any real organization to your songs. you have automation clips all over the place, your tracks are always out of order because of the pattern based workflow, it does seem that fl studio is going towards multitrack (thats what my friend thinks) am curious what others think?
Even Image Line thinks so as the default project that comes with the demo is track based, not pattern. Truly bizarre.

And as for using FL as multitrack (faking it with 1 pattern etc), is a huge mess having to create patterns for each instance and keeping track of each and endless switching etc. And as you say with automation clips just floating freely and unconnected color coding I've given up and will regret buying FL until they finally drop the tbpf kiddy step sequencer and pattern thing. But probably the code is so jumbled from having swelled from a simple drum step sequencer that it's almost impossible to get rid of now.

james0tucson wrote:
luckystrike wrote:Logic looks toy for me because it doesn't well support post production how Nuendo does. But who cares.
If your contract says you'll deliver a Nuendo project, then you might care. Toolchain choices like these are, after all, decisions that are made for you by your circumstances (you don't own the studio where you work, or you do own it but your contract with Time Warner has certain requirements, or you've invested real capital into a TDM rig or whatever).

If you're not constrained that way, then you can do anything your budget allows, and if you're not compelled into some sort of agreement about production interoperability, then you get to choose what you want. There's no need to put down one consumer product in order to express affinity for a different one.

I wonder how many big releases go through a mastering step with Pyramix (everything that goes through Sterling Sound, which happens to be a lot, just for starters) and I wonder how many motion picture soundtracks get mastered and sync'd in Sequoia. Anybody here know what NBCUniversal typically requires for a final product? Anyone here ever have a voiceover contract with Touchstone or Vivendi who can describe the requirements there? I'll bet they went a little further than just "don't use XXX because it's a toy..."

I hate to think of people getting bogged down in gear and software choices because they get the impression that they have to play by the same rules as people who are doing work for others, where the stakes are high and there's severe competition. It would bother me a lot if there are well-intentioned amateurs with the budget of an individual, trying to take advice from someone who is working in a well-funded voiceover studio doing production work. A forum like this can provide an illusion that you dwell in the same world and have any of the same considerations.
Thanks, James; that was encouraging. :)
..what goes around comes around..

Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

@600,000 player loads that take forever to view a page: thanks :?

FL. A disappointment on so many levels there is no way to cover it here :lol:

BUT, it is not a "toy". I have no idea where that came from and though I find the joke entertaining, it's not accurate in anyway/shape/form.

hibidy wrote:@600,000 player loads that take forever to view a page: thanks :?
Here's where you can switch that off and just see ordinary links: http://www.kvraudio.com/mykvr.php?m=prefs

Meffy wrote:
hibidy wrote:@600,000 player loads that take forever to view a page: thanks :?
Here's where you can switch that off and just see ordinary links: http://www.kvraudio.com/mykvr.php?m=prefs
I don't want it off all the time :x I want to be able to load a page w/o a flood.

EDIT, there, that's better :lol: Next page :D

i recommend flashblock. works great.

only time it's a problem is on poorly written pages where the flash object isn't given a valid rectangle. (then you have to right click and enable flash page-wide to get the page to work right. for example, sound-cloud.)
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

(and the deep end got a little deeper)

Why we gotta go off on this is beyond me but if it's that important to clarify, than a clarification you shall get.

He did that to force his point that FL is not a toy. In fact, I agree (and plenty of others do too) but I'm not turning off flash because some guy went apeshit posting too many "examples" ;) I like embedded viddys and 99% of the time......it's not an issue ;)

you might still seriously want to check it out. just factor in how often you see a flash object that you didn't ask for floating around somewhere.

flashblock replaces the rectangle with a background that has a "play" button in the middle. you press the button to load the object.

the flash file is never downloaded, and the plugin is never loaded until you press the button. this is a major advantage in speed!
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”